Leon fr tdi 150- slighty missing??

M6ccy69

My Other Beast Is a R1
Nov 18, 2006
Accrington
hi guys, me again. having a few problems at the mo! not buzzin really. the car seems to be slightly missing should i say, not all the time & not really noticeable. just every now & again, seems when u tickle the accel. its just seems to miss a little. anybody had the same problem?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It should be a little more frugal nice its getting colder to be honest. I notice my car has done that when i put fuel other than shell extra and v-power...have you changed fuels recently?

M6ccy69

My Other Beast Is a R1
Nov 18, 2006
Accrington
It should be a little more frugal nice its getting colder to be honest. I notice my car has done that when i put fuel other than shell extra and v-power...have you changed fuels recently?

hi pal, defo getting colder. Well yeah i have recently changed fuel! that could be it eh. I`ll change my fuel then, see how it go`s. been using millers to, so i`ll be experimenting then.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Try the DIELECTRIC GREASE treatment on your maf and other areas as it sounds as though you have a small problem like a badly connected rattling on the plug perhaps.Just a thought as it could be a little niggle like this.Worth a try as it will be preventative for the future if nothing else.You can't loose either way.If you are lost this far check the thread that deals with this matter.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I have exactly the same problem. You accelerate gently (for me normally in traffic), lift off, apply throttle again and get a small hesitation before power coming back in as normal. Really annoying.

I'm going to re-seat a number of connectors and probably add the dielectric grease to the mix to see if this clears it. Also, I haven't changed fuel or anything before I got it but I did switch to Shell V-Max for a couple of tanks this week and its still the same. Also I go some Millers Diesel Sport 4 to chuck in tomorrow with the top up of Shell V-Max! Should be interesting.

M6ccy69

My Other Beast Is a R1
Nov 18, 2006
Accrington
I have exactly the same problem. You accelerate gently (for me normally in traffic), lift off, apply throttle again and get a small hesitation before power coming back in as normal. Really annoying.

I'm going to re-seat a number of connectors and probably add the dielectric grease to the mix to see if this clears it. Also, I haven't changed fuel or anything before I got it but I did switch to Shell V-Max for a couple of tanks this week and its still the same. Also I go some Millers Diesel Sport 4 to chuck in tomorrow with the top up of Shell V-Max! Should be interesting.

yeah thats what mine does, i`m thinking it might be the shell vmax! & even the millers. all this had started since i`ve been using these products. altho i have had a remap recently, i spoke to the company but they said it can`t be anything to do with the map. i`m just in the process of elimination. whats this dielecric?

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Its a conducting grease that you put on all the plugs and connectors that supposedly assists in keeping good contacts etc.

I've had the stuttering problem on all fuels. I'm on my first tank with Millers in it. I do 160 miles each day commuting so already I am able to comment on the result - it runs a bit smoother, no notable power change with Shell V-Power diesel and Millers. The V-Power alone makes a difference in power and smoother running enough to warrant buying it always in my view but the Millers on top has had little effect. Its about £4 a tank or so difference for the V-Power fuel vs std diesel - instead of £65 a week I now do about £70. It aint gonna send me broke! Closer to broke, but not quite tipped over the edge!:D

I will try the Millers with normal diesel and see if it enhances that any better to maybe save £2 or so a tank instead. Millers isn't the wonder stuff that people seem to think in my view though.:( I'll do a couple of tanks on std and see how I get on.

One thing with this stutter is that it might be related to the DMF. Not 100% certain but may get my mate (VW Master Tech) to check it out as a precaution since it is having to cope with the remapped car zero clutch slip from the Allards plate.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I was told that diesels don't missfire as they don't rely on a spark. As long as fuel and air are entering the chamber in the correct quantities the compression causes the mixture to burn, not a spark introduced via a spark plug as with petrol engines.

The DMF can cause what appears to be a missfire as its a pretty heavy rotating mass that if one section of it is moving too freely relative the the main bulk of the flywheel, it'll hit its stops (or rivets) hard enough that you feel it in the car as a slight jolt, thus feeling like a missfire.

Maybe this is all load of toss at the end of the day that someone more techy than I could confirm, but its pretty much along the lines of what I've been told. In fact...... I hope it is wrong! DMF = empty pocket!:cry:

M6ccy69

My Other Beast Is a R1
Nov 18, 2006
Accrington
o hell! lets hope its not anything to do with that. very good info that. might book it in at seat, what u think?

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Book it in to have the "misfire" looked into but don't mention flywheels. Let them decide to go down that route if they need to. I only say this because I'd hate them to investigate something at your request, find nothing wrong and then dump you with a bill for a days labour!!

Last edited:

M6ccy69

My Other Beast Is a R1
Nov 18, 2006
Accrington
yeah very true, i`ll let u know how i go on, just gunna see how it go`s for now. doesn`t do it hardly now. i`m sure its down to v power or that millers.