Giving lifts in a MK2 Leon

GrantyBoy

Jun 7, 2007
Aberdeen
When you're giving lifts to other people, do you have the same problem as me?
Passengers standing at the passengers side trying to work out how to slide the seat so they can get in the back :doh:
No one ever thinks it's a 5 door car.

Everytime I need to get out and open the rear doors for them

MaD117

Yes I've got the problem..
One time I didn't remember myself how to slide the passenger seat, before I remember that my car has 5 doors... LOL...

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
That was one of the selling points of the Leon for me. It is 5 door but you can't tell.

I am a 3 door car person, but the Leon is the best of both worlds. 5 door practiallity and looks like a 3 door :)

H8T WP

Yes lol ! i have another slight issue about mirrors.. might have to start a new thread but it goes like this.. i park up and twist the mirror knob round so it folds the mirrors in... then turn engine off...

come down in morning, turn knob round again and start engine... mirrors dont unfold untill i turn it back round to the close position then round again to unfold...

I know i can overcome this by only twisting the knob when ive started engine but its a slight pain .... any one else?

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Yep I get this aswell. from one of my colleagues who I regulally pick up from the airport who is pretty high in the automotive company I wrok for so really should know better :D

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
I dont understand :confused:
Let them try and fold up the seats whilst you are behind them opening the rear door.

They turn around and look confused for a second, then laugh with you and secretly envy you having a car that looks like a 3door but has 5door practicality.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Let them try and fold up the seats whilst you are behind them opening the rear door.

They turn around and look confused for a second, then laugh with you and secretly envy you having a car that looks like a 3door but has 5door practicality.

hah, yes I see :D

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Yes lol ! i have another slight issue about mirrors.. might have to start a new thread but it goes like this.. i park up and twist the mirror knob round so it folds the mirrors in... then turn engine off...

come down in morning, turn knob round again and start engine... mirrors dont unfold untill i turn it back round to the close position then round again to unfold...

I know i can overcome this by only twisting the knob when ive started engine but its a slight pain .... any one else?

Don't bother to twist the knob. Instead of a quick blip of the remote key lock, press and hold the button. The mirrors will fold in :)

When you start the engine, they will automatically fold back out ;)

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
As i insist on telling people... my car really is a sensible 5 door, diesel hatchback.. not a 3 door streamlined hot hatch ;)

PhatPhil

Talking to my mate about a new Leon at lunchtime. He asked me if I'd buy the 3 or 5 door! Had to explained they were all 5 doors but he didn't seem convinced! lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.