Remapping Ont Seat Ibiza Cupra 180.

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Image000-1.jpg

If you want to suggest anywhere it could go, but its tight around the battery and there would be a huge kink in the ducting if you try an get to the MAF from the side of the battery/engine bay. Stick with the standard airbox, wish I did.

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
im very new to the world of modding engines. all i know is that i got a standard cupra thats bloody quick and sticks like sh!t to a blanket.

Would really love to learn about what mods are and what they do, how much u can mod and power ( summet i really love )

Wanna b able to sit at traffic lights and piss over a focus st or summet like that. but unfortunately all these things ur chattin about on ere, i ant got a clue about lol!!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
I now nothing about engines, until I start looking on here.

We all know the basic concept, suck, bang, blow...

This is a very basic (my idea) of the engine.

So there for the more air then engine sucks in the bigger the bang, the more you have to get rid of.

So air comes into the car via the big green (dirty thing) on the righthand side of the car. Air filter. This air then passes through a Mass Airflow Sensor. Then down a pipe whick leads to the Cold side of the Turbo, a TIP. This standard is black rubber with a steel bit at the end. Then the turbo compresses the air and forces it into the engine where the engine does its magic and produces energy, when the waste gasses travel down a pipe (downpipe) past the CAT and out at the back end of the car.

This is all done via software, imagine a PC, a remap firm upgrade your software to take advantages of more air coming in, therefore more fuel required, and other things.

Last edited:

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
P-Torque Remap,
4bar FPR,
Forge 007P DV,
Forge Red TIP,
Seat Sport Strut Bace,
Green Cotton XL Dynatwist Induction Kit,
Milltek Exhaust,
Milltek Downpipe & Race CAT,
KW Varient 1,
Jabba Rear Anti Roll Bar,
312mm Tarox Sport Japan Discs Front,
20mm Eibach Spacers,
Seat Sport Sill Guards,
Defi 60mm BF turbo Gauge,
Defi 60mm BF Oil Pressure Gauge,
Defi Controller Link II,

Ice: - ALPHASONIK PCT6501
ALPHASONIK PFZ-652
1 x Rockford Fosgate P3002
1 x Rockford Fosgate P5002

one word NO

shama86

Ric are u sure there is no point of changing the induction kit? im having a look at a jabba induction kit atm!
heres a link-
http://www.jabbasport.com/product_fulldetail.asp?ProductID=73

do u rekon by just changing the filter on the standard kit to may be a green cotton filter or a K&N filter is enough?

Ive also got a standard Cupra petrol MK4 and was thinking of a jabba sport remap, adding 20mm rear spacers and a forge 007p DV. What are your opinions?

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Keep you standard air box, just uprate the filter to a green panel one. As with the Cupra/FR the airbox connect to the front of the bumper.
The only problem with the ibiza is that the engine bay is packed... nothing will fit in there. Got a green cotton dynatwist and with a forgr TIP the heat sheild wont fit on.

It easier to do a CAI on the Leons more room in the engine bay, the ducting ends up nearly running back on itself in the ibiza. Depends upon which Leon your looking at also, if it a 225 then no it not the same engine, uprated internals and a K04 turbo. Also no other engine within VW/Audi/Seat has BBU engine code.
I'd stay with the standard air box or go for a TDi airbox only problem there is its a 3" MAF size so.... that means a new TIP (not the mk4 forge current one) and MAF. Than a Map to accomodate the increaded airflow.

What I'd do.... to get 240bhp is....

Uprated downpipe... Milltek or who ever -
Full exhaust system... Milltek or who ever
Induction kit - change OEM panel for green cotton one.
4 bar FPR - from a passat (order mine from http://www.eurocarparts.com/)

Then either Revo Stage 2, Custon Code Stage 2, Jabba custom map, P Torque custom map.

No doubt Evo is running roughtly the same setup

As ric said to get good figures you need to do the above, iv done the lot, the next thing would be Big turbo but im not going down that route way to expensive

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
personally id smooth the orginal airbox take the restricive flap out and pop in a green panel filter, i ran with a dynatwist orginally and it made very little difference for the money it cost me

shama86

when u say smooth the original air box what does that entail? does any one have alink 4 a suitable filter i could put inplace of the restrictive flap?
on another note are 20mm spacers a good size to be going 4? any recomended makes or sizes?

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
when u say smooth the original air box what does that entail? does any one have alink 4 a suitable filter i could put inplace of the restrictive flap?
on another note are 20mm spacers a good size to be going 4? any recomended makes or sizes?

inside the airbox there a little fins which you cut out the rub down with sand paper to make the surface smooth. for a filter best to use a Green Cotton Filter, the flap just unclips off