Remapping Ont Seat Ibiza Cupra 180.

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
Hey peeps,

Kinda unsure about gettin this done. Could anyone throw the pro's an cons at me as i want it doing but scared it mite blow up. Ive heard things about ppl chipping their cars and it pushes the car too far, and they end up with 10 grand 1100kg lump of scrap.

how does the remap work and what chip is put in? Is it safe? ( engine going bang wise, not how fast i can drive into a yorkshire stone built wall )

Last edited:

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Have a good search around this section, it been discussed one or twice on here. More of the ebay type 50p software seems to mostly give you a paper weight, but IMO most reliable serial tuners are the ones sponsoring this website. I've covered about 8k with a modded ECU and no issues have come from it. Just more waear and tear on the wheels.

Just a few questions though,

* is your car bedded in yet?
* what type of map are you looking for? Aggressive or progressive.

Last edited:

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
My car has done 31k, its 3 year old ont 22nd September. I dont no about what map? i heard that u can produce another 40bhp out the car.

Whats the difference between maps?

phil_monk

Aug 19, 2007
My car has done 31k, its 3 year old ont 22nd September. I dont no about what map? i heard that u can produce another 40bhp out the car.

Whats the difference between maps?

If you have the car remapped as opposed to chipped, you will get much better results. from my old Hyundai Days a chip is a entire ECU replacement with one that has been programmed with an "off the shelf" BHP and Torque curve. Sometimes this may not be right for your car and cause it to damage itself.

A remap will be the standard ECU reprogrammed, the best remap will be done on a rolling road and then they will be able to tweak it to the performance of your car. They will also limit it if they see it is causing the engine distress.

Obviously any change from the manufactors defaults for the car can cause a shortening of life on parts, but 9 times out of ten nothing will change. most manufactures limit the performance of their cars by 20% to save costs for the driver and themselves.

My advice would be to go to Jabba or someone like them, always go for a recommended place for something like this.

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
thanks phil. very helpful there buddy. cheers.

Could someone please shed a light on what ric 2001 said above? about re mapping being aggressive or progressive? what does this mean?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Aggressive type map is....

lots of aggressive boost and power early on, with the power tailing off higher end. (more if you want to kick ass at a red light)

Proggressive

one that has a lower boost level but holds it better. (Motorway driving, which just feels like it could pull all day long).

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
out of interest (as i own a mk4 ibiza cupra - petrol aswell) what i the max bhp that the standard turbo could take before you would have to go down the route of getting a bigger turbo??

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
so with standard equipment but havin a re-map,
what 0-62 are we looking at here?

0-60 i reckon probably low 6secs, but it will vary from company to company and whether you want an aggresive or progressive remap, but as am average im guessing that is what it will be.

With all engine mods;

Uprated downpipe
Full exhaust system
Induction kit
4 bar FPR

I'd say you won't push past what Gaz Jones made, which was something like 240bhp with about 270ish ft/lb

Thats why I'm wondering about stage 2 £300+ for an extra 18bhp and 40ft/lb

cheers for the info.

am thinking about doing the following to my cupra:-

forge TIP
BMC CDA induction kit
forge recirc d/v
forge throttle body to intercooler pipe (presuming it fits)
FMIC (if there is one for mine)
4 bar FPR
full exhaust system (not 100% sure which, but will more than likely be miltek)
and anything else i can think of along the way

then get a stage 2 remap done to the car (prob by custom code or revo), and im thinking that the turbo wont be able to handle to power and i will need to go down the route of IHI turbos

phil_monk

Aug 19, 2007
Its the same Turbo as the MK4 Golf (i think) and most of them go to around 250Bhp
As for what you wanted to do.......

forge TIP ---------
BMC CDA induction kit------------ Stay away this is a bad choice, could i suggest a CAI setup
forge recirc d/v------------- Good thing to do
forge throttle body to intercooler pipe (presuming it fits)------- never seen this done, would be koolFMIC (if there is one for mine)----- hasn't your car already got one?
4 bar FPR
full exhaust system (not 100% sure which, but will more than likely be miltek) ---Blue Flame all the way:)

Would suggest uprated pipes, limited slip diff, and i would go for a Jabba remap :whistle:

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
LSD no point not for £800+vat, don't think it will make that much of a difference.

As for FMIC most tuners say the Seat Sport is the best on the market for our cars even better then forges apparently, look again at rashes pushing over 330bhp from a stock intercooler. Intercoolers only help to maintain boost not create it.

forge throttle body to intercooler pipe (presuming it fits) also if its going to be made?

Tip is a good idea but really not much of a difference, more bling for the engine.

full exhaust system... milltek, but warning will require a small amount of modding to the brake line bracket. If you do go down this line then PM me and I'll take a photo of mine.

Biggest pipe to uprate maybe is the map sensor one, think this is the biggest restrictive part in the intercooler sysetm

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
Its the same Turbo as the MK4 Golf (i think) and most of them go to around 250Bhp
As for what you wanted to do.......

forge TIP ---------
BMC CDA induction kit------------ Stay away this is a bad choice, could i suggest a CAI setup
forge recirc d/v------------- Good thing to do
forge throttle body to intercooler pipe (presuming it fits)------- never seen this done, would be koolFMIC (if there is one for mine)----- hasn't your car already got one?
4 bar FPR
full exhaust system (not 100% sure which, but will more than likely be miltek) ---Blue Flame all the way:)

Would suggest uprated pipes, limited slip diff, and i would go for a Jabba remap :whistle:

what is this CAI setup you mention? not heard of that before. any links at all? out if interest, why is the BMC a bad idea??

the throttle body hose hasnt been produced yet, forge have almost finished it and i am waiting for them to arrive, and i dont know if they will even fit the cupra as they are designed for the FR.

have heard about blue flame before, do like the exhausts they make, look nice. not seen one on a mk4 cupra yet, only miltek

what would be the improvements/advantages of going for the Jabba remap over either the revo or custom code remap??

sorry to hi-jack the thread :ban: if needs be to stay on topic, feel free to PM me and i will reply when i can.

phil_monk

Aug 19, 2007
Ok i myself am still learning with the IBIZA, i am used to tuneing NA engines not Forced induction. But a CAI will locate the filter down the bottom of the bumper keeping it kooler and the air picked up is also colder. The CDA system locates the filter in the engine bay, so even thou it has a cold air feed the air is still warmed by the filter. Below is a CAI for the Hyundai. As you can see it is a lot diffrent from the CDA

cai-silver.jpg

CDA with the filter in the engine bay
Intake2.JPG

Blueflame will cutom make you exhaust so there is not messing about.

Jabba is just a company i have never heard a bad thing about. I am a very good friend of Mikey and his brother who have both had good things done there, when haveing something as sensative as a remap done, i would always go for the recomended company. Also a custom map at jabba is alway better then a off the shelf map.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
cheers for the advice again phil, have been on the carbonio website and sent them a email asking whether or not it will fit the mk4 ibiza, am awaiting a reply from them. have seen the carbonio cold air intake on a leon on this site (think its tris's) and looks pretty good. and (if im right...correct me if im wrong) the mk1 leon cupra is the same engine as the mk4 ibiza cupra???

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Keep you standard air box, just uprate the filter to a green panel one. As with the Cupra/FR the airbox connect to the front of the bumper.
The only problem with the ibiza is that the engine bay is packed... nothing will fit in there. Got a green cotton dynatwist and with a forgr TIP the heat sheild wont fit on.

It easier to do a CAI on the Leons more room in the engine bay, the ducting ends up nearly running back on itself in the ibiza. Depends upon which Leon your looking at also, if it a 225 then no it not the same engine, uprated internals and a K04 turbo. Also no other engine within VW/Audi/Seat has BBU engine code.
I'd stay with the standard air box or go for a TDi airbox only problem there is its a 3" MAF size so.... that means a new TIP (not the mk4 forge current one) and MAF. Than a Map to accomodate the increaded airflow.

What I'd do.... to get 240bhp is....

Uprated downpipe... Milltek or who ever -
Full exhaust system... Milltek or who ever
Induction kit - change OEM panel for green cotton one.
4 bar FPR - from a passat (order mine from http://www.eurocarparts.com/)

Then either Revo Stage 2, Custon Code Stage 2, Jabba custom map, P Torque custom map.

No doubt Evo is running roughtly the same setup

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise