• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

new breaks

Cotton

Jul 23, 2007
Rotherham
lookin at audi tt breaks for her soon,

is it a big game converting the back from drums to disks?

hopin t keep this car 4 a long time na haha,

and dropin an engine in it nal i think, if its not a lot o hastle, but that will only b wen i got anuva so this can b made into a wikid motor haha,

T. Spark

Sooo not worth it.

I have 312mm brakes on the front of my 180bhp FR and they are more than able, the 1.2 wont ever need that sort of power.

The £250+ you'd spend to buy and fit them, you might aswell save and just buy a FR/Cupra in the future matey.

As far as the engine, I wanted to do the same thing with my old 1.2, so as much as again people will tell you to save your money and jsut buy a 1.8T, im going to say stuff them, and drop a 1.8T in ya 1.2 :)

On a side note, and just a word of advice, this isnt Elitecruisers, Sheffcruise or anyother website/forum with cruise in the name, and generally speaking, 99.9% of post are in the queens english, not 'txt' speak. Might take a little longer for you to type normally, but I would say well worth it, as you wont get any grief, or get a 'bad rep' on the forum.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Im going for better pads n disks for £200 and getting my mate to fit them. The 1.2 has class brakes anyway

Cotton

Jul 23, 2007
Rotherham
ok mate, and i am not a member of any of them, i work all day so i dont see any of my mates, so i go dwn t maccy d's to see my mates been as i crnt c em ne where else. haha, so u dunt fink i should mess wi breaks thn and just save 4 a beter car wen it comes t engine

T. Spark

ok mate, and i am not a member of any of them, i work all day so i dont see any of my mates, so i go dwn t maccy d's to see my mates been as i crnt c em ne where else. haha, so u dunt fink i should mess wi breaks thn and just save 4 a beter car wen it comes t engine

d00d, I would say either save for a FR/Cupra model or save up a little more a drop a 1.8T in your iccle 1.2!

As far as other websites go, my point was your 'txt' speak wont go down well on this forum, as im sure your wanting to keep using it for its wealth of knowledge and to meet like minded folk with Seat's my advice (and thats all it is!) is to take the time to spell down, rather than dwn, with rather than wi, and so on so forth. If Im honest, Ive never really used that much 'txt' lang. but do use a little from time to time, generally I find it harder to type in 'txt' talk on a QWERTY keyboard!

Poverty

Agreed I cant make sense of half what cotton is writing! Despise TXT speak TBH.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
dont forget cotton its not just a case of paying for an engine and getting it wacked in youl need to uprate

engine
wiring loom
ecu
rear axle - for discs at rear
front brakes (312mm TT)
suspension
fuel pump
intercooler and all pipeing

and probably a few other bits

this is big money for not alot! and you would just save SOOOOOOO much money going out and trading you ikle 1.2 in for a fr/cupra TDI/petrol

save your money

Cotton

Jul 23, 2007
Rotherham
so its a no on the engine front then, o well when i got it how i want it ill just save up for another and then run 2 cars, was looking at the ibiza fr's couple o month back, and i wanted one, but i got some insurance quotes through and decided to wait a bit, its hard when you have not been driving a year to get a decent engine sized car.

and by the time i can i will have hopefuly got this one to how i want it, so fort it would make mre scense to put an engine in it, but it starting to sound like its more hastle than it will be worth, so im guna keep the engine in and then buy a new car when i am at the right age,

mite not be an ibiza though becouse im liking the leons at the mo, dad just been looking at the new leon fr and i like them too

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
And that's coming from a Scot. ;)

Don't make me have to rewrite your entire post for you... Bearing in mind, my intereptation will possibly not say what you meant it to... :p

T. Spark

And that's coming from a Scot. ;)

Don't make me have to rewrite your entire post for you... Bearing in mind, my intereptation will possibly not say what you meant it to... :p

haha, evil man! Id personally say his last post was better, poor lad!

Anyway, as far as the engine in ya 1.2.. id say if you are going to keep the 1.2 either way, and buy another faster car, then the running cost of two cars, aswell as purchase etc will out weight the price of dropping a 1.8T in your 1.2. So Id say save up, and do the engine swop matey.. would be more unique than a FR/Cupra then aswell :)

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
get a diesel mate insurence isn't to bad and you get better mpg and its very tunable!! everyone knows diesels are the way forward i'm trying to convert all my mates although i do regret not going for something more similar to devonmikeyboys car with 4wd because i am going through tyres like someone goes through toilet paper after a bad curry (dunno why i wrote that just came to mind) LOL!!!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
still not sold that sports cat, might have a fiend intrested do you think it would fit on a golf mk4 1.8t with miltek cat back???

Cotton

Jul 23, 2007
Rotherham
there was nothing wrong with my last post as to txt language people, if u cannot understand it, it is becouse of the way i talk and was brought up to write.

and it was the diesal 130bhp fr i looked at and the insurance was still around 2500, i had t pay under that for this years insurance, but i do not want to pay it again, so i will either wait and get a new car, or drop another engine in, will see about any implications and compare costs when the time is right and insurance is more flexible, as it stands at the mo not a lot of companys want to know me becouse its a non standard car