mk 4 forge split r

Adam*FR*

FOR SALE
Oct 19, 2006
any 1 fitted 1 of these 2 there mk4 does the trumpet face upwards or down its working both ways

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
:doh: Thought you'd missed a couple of letters out of 'splitter'!

Can Forge not advise you? Have a Forum on the Homepage if you put a message there.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
if I remember correctly all that does is make a noice, and most people say its just a metal not plastic version of whats in. That is if I remember correctly note I dont have this version so its from memory. Also I beleive I have heard u need to remove the engine cover but thats all I know about it even then that might be wrong, but dont say I didnt help

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
your right guiness the engine cover needs to be removed as its quite big and it is just a recirulating ralve but instead or recirculating theair into the airbox it has a atmospheric dump noise

which imo sounds crap but im only going on video's ive seen and im sure it sounds the same as the dumpvalve i used to have on my cupra SHOCKING couldnt wait to get rid of that thing :rolleyes:

i dont like dumpo noises or flutters as i think every1's got "THE TSSHH NOISE" and its not a ive got a tsh noise so my car is fast anymore and i percificalcly didnt want a dump noise on mine for this reason :) this is just my opinion so no1 be offended!!!!!!!!!!! :ban: :givein:

Last edited:

Adam*FR*

FOR SALE
Oct 19, 2006
it does sound quite good its a bit different to a dumpvalve sound. i used to have a baileys on there before. dont know whats up with mine though theres no adjustment when you turn it and its going down to 6 mpg when you put your foot down even to 3.5 revs.
Ive put it on the oppiste way to my forge 007

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
I had one, I wouldnt bother personally. I found the car jerky outside of boost and difficult to live with when driving in traffic. If I remember correctly it was fitted exactly opposite to the original Bosch valve. You may need some 4mm vacuum hose to fit it as the existing hose is too short in the orientation you require.

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
If you want some send me a self addressed envelope, I have some here from when I had my Ibiza and had the valve fitted. Not be fitting anything like this to my new car so its no use to me :D

Adam*FR*

FOR SALE
Oct 19, 2006
nice 1 fella but its ok sold my 007 dv and lost my plastic bosch 1 so need it a bit rapid gonna buy some tomorrow thanx anyway

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
No probs mate, let us know what u think of the valve. Just remember to give it two full turns before u turn the engine over, then while its running it should rattle. Best thing to do is turn it until that rattle disappears. Whack the bonnet down and give it a quick run. You wont notice much difference from the 007 I wouldnt imagine, both maintain the boost pressure really well... The whoosh aint that noticeable (certainly not with the radio/cds on loud) but u will notice it, its a nice subtle whoosh. When u get back off your test run, take up the rest of the rattle slack on the valve adjustment, should sort u out. Might need to keep an eye on it over the first few days (tweaking only)

Good luck!

Adam*FR*

FOR SALE
Oct 19, 2006
No probs mate, let us know what u think of the valve. Just remember to give it two full turns before u turn the engine over, then while its running it should rattle. Best thing to do is turn it until that rattle disappears. Whack the bonnet down and give it a quick run. You wont notice much difference from the 007 I wouldnt imagine, both maintain the boost pressure really well... The whoosh aint that noticeable (certainly not with the radio/cds on loud) but u will notice it, its a nice subtle whoosh. When u get back off your test run, take up the rest of the rattle slack on the valve adjustment, should sort u out. Might need to keep an eye on it over the first few days (tweaking only)

Good luck!

cheers mate just the info i needed

afswift

Had problems trying to fit the split r to my fr yesterday, The smaller pipe would not reach, and struggled to get the clips off.

Also you were right about the engine cover, wont fit back correctly.

May go for a pipercross viper induction kit instead. Anyone tried to fit one to their ibiza?

Adam*fr*, hows your mpg doing now with the split r on? 6mpg does sound very poor!!

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
The split R will not affect mpg, or at least it didnt affect mine.... However you will rev it more to make the sound so its a vicious circle.

The reason it wont fit under the engine cover is because you have the trumpet facing upwards. Get some vacuum hose and this will solve the problem and allow you to put the cover back on. Dont fit the Pipercross induction kit, its pants and does nothing for your engine. If you want to change your induction and reap the power benefits you will need a CAI, otherwise the induction kit sucks in warm air from the engine, this affects obviously your air density and lowers your power.

Adam*FR*

FOR SALE
Oct 19, 2006
Had problems trying to fit the split r to my fr yesterday, The smaller pipe would not reach, and struggled to get the clips off.

Also you were right about the engine cover, wont fit back correctly.

May go for a pipercross viper induction kit instead. Anyone tried to fit one to their ibiza?

Adam*fr*, hows your mpg doing now with the split r on? 6mpg does sound very poor!!

sorry for no reply mate have`nt been on for a while have noticed my mpg going down around 6 and the average about 20 bit less then before but i do alot of driving and i haven`t had to put any extra petrol in.
i did have it the wrong way around got some longer pipe for it now it works fine and sounds alot better

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.