Buying a 03'' Cupra 180

matejd7

Hello evryone.

I'm buying a 03'' Leon Cupra 180, with around 60k on the clock. The price is around 11000 euros or 7400 gbp.

What do you recommend to look at when buying used one? I mean, if there's anything special about 20vt to look at? What's the oil consumption of these cars, the owner told me that it consumed about a 0.7-0,8 liters in last 10k miles, that's normal right?

matejd7

I will do that for sure!

I have one more question. Which warning lights must come on before starting Leon 20VT? I'll be especially gratefull if anyone has a picture of that warning lights.

boolay

Hello evryone.

I'm buying a 03'' Leon Cupra 180, with around 60k on the clock. The price is around 11000 euros or 7400 gbp.

What do you recommend to look at when buying used one? I mean, if there's anything special about 20vt to look at? What's the oil consumption of these cars, the owner told me that it consumed about a 0.7-0,8 liters in last 10k miles, that's normal right?

Hi there matey.

Just for reference, my '53 180 uses harldy any oil, but I wouldn't say 0.7 litres is a lot to loose over 10k.

All in all, pretty reliable motors. had nothing major go wrong with mine, only a couple of sensors which were replaced under waranty, but to be honest, wouldn't have really broken the bank if I had to fork out for them.

Enjoy

Cupraloon

No oil comsumption issues with the 20VT, at least there shouldn't be any, had mine a year now never used a drop, only ever check it when i remember bad i know !!! ok so only done less than 5 thou in 12 months, now on 34,800-ish.

It gets driven pretty hard, when I do drive it, and touch wood it's been faultless.

With a 60 thousand milers you should check the cam belt & tensioners & water pump are or have been done before you hand over any dosh.

The shouldn't be useing "any" oil Tbh, but it also depends on what oil he's been useing, I've found if you use Mobile 1 it gets past the rings and had a lot of smoke comming out the exhuast on 1 or 2 of my past cars, with higher mileage, so wouldn't use it again. IMHO.

But a decent quality semi sythetic should do the job perfectly well.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise