LCR Tyres... Falken FK-452...

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Got mine yesterday £250 for a set, £500 with Rs6's 225/40/18 92Y.

It says Extra Load on the side and rated to 168mph.

Must admit the "Euro" style does worry me a bit but have to be more careful parking now. But Euro style deffo looks the business.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Got mine yesterday £250 for a set, £500 with Rs6's 225/40/18 92Y.

It says Extra Load on the side and rated to 168mph.

Must admit the "Euro" style does worry me a bit but have to be more careful parking now. But Euro style deffo looks the business.
Make sure you post pictures up!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Basically the tyre size is slightly smaller than the alloy so you get a stretched look. Unclefesters one pulls it off nicely.

Cupraloon

Theres a brochure about the tyre on this page. 2nd one from the bottom

That does indeed make interesting reading, i was especially supprised to read that the FK452 has dual tread compound, I've not seen this on a car tyre before, and cannot really see the benefits of haveing different compounds across a car tyre as it doesn't lean over, like a bike does needing a softer compound on the sides but it's quite common on some of the bike tyres you can buy these days.

Still very good tyres tho' i'm very impressed so far, not been out for a splash about with them yet, but dry grip is very reassureing, just have to see what the wear rate is like now, which will probably take me 2 years to do, as i've only done 5k in the last 12 months....:doh:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Just had a front set delivered to the office from Camskill again. Excellent service :)

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
I'm guessing they don't off any less rim protection than the standard Rosso's???

I've ordered a set today. I hope they perform better than the standard tyres!

Orpster

oh and the Falkens are extra load tyres too, which LCRs require! WHATS THIS MEAN ? extra load tyres ? lcr ? can some one explan please .. cheers

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
oh and the Falkens are extra load tyres too, which LCRs require! WHATS THIS MEAN ? extra load tyres ? lcr ? can some one explan please .. cheers

It means the sidewalls of the tyres are stiffer and due to the low profile of the tyres and the weight of the Leon Cupra R (LCR). This is what is recommended by Seat. Just get them bought :).

Orpster

Right o .. simple as that straight to the point ,, top man now i know cheers

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
What a difference an inch makes ;)

After 4 coats of Collinite 476
IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Before:
IMG_0036.jpg

After:
IMG_0037.jpg

Very happy!!

Hardest bit was getting the bloody jack caps back on the skirts!! Half a tub of fairy liquid later....

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
It does mate, one thing though, the bolts that came with the wheels are about 1cm longer than the original, but I saved the lockign wheel nuts from my old ones.

Therefore I now have 4 long bolts and 1 shorter bolt per wheel.

Did you have the same probs? Will it matter? The small bolt turns about 5 times so presume there is ample thread.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Right i have to report after the brilliant weather we have been having in yurkshire that the falkens are unbelieveably good in the wet in my opinion.
I may have well been driving down rivers recently but the tyres have kept me perfectly planted to the road with hardly any aqua planing. no matter how much i throw at them

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
i have run 452's on my ibiza.... and they are not that good. Not remotely as grippy wet or dry to bridgestone s03's

cheap as chips, but you do seem to get what you pay for.

245-35-17 452's being physically 10mm narrower than my 235-40-17 SO3's too.. :think: :confused:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members