LCR Tyres... Falken FK-452...

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
how funny is it that the balance of play seems to have swung massively to the falkens in the last month or two? so many guys are fitting them now its unreal! :D

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
yeah, trouble with tyres is theyre very expensive and not everyone can afford to shell out 115 quid a shoe for goodyears, when the bathroom or something else in the house needs done, so anything thats as cheap as these and getting a very good write up will be popular, i had kumhos on mine but for a tenner a tyre dearer the falkens are in another league altogether, i only do 9,000 miles a year and no track days so if i can get a year on the fronts i'll be over the moon.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Driving tyres hard on a race track gives very little indication how they'll behave on a public road, not a relative test at all.

we will have to agree to disagree

Track use, in wet and dry is the ONLY safe place to explore a tyres full potential. Tarmac is tarmac.
Falken wet grip is the dissapointing aspect, the dry grip was adequate, but too soft a tyre for my ibiza... overheated

I have tried dozens of types of tyre, and the evidence in performance (I am not too interested in longevety) is factual lap tims, not "feel" etc which is extremely subjective.

FK452's are excellent value tyre all said and done so I can see the appeal... One of the reasons I tried em myself.

enjoy
:)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
wow in the week i have been on holiday this thread has gone mental, well sort of lol... never realised it would!

as far as I am concerned the 452s are a very good tyre especially for the price, and I also agree with others, different tyres suit different cars!

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Yes we will have to agree to disagree Bill - the heat and forces generated on a race track are nothing like what they will go through on a normal road, normal car and normal driver - so bears no relevance as to how they will perform, that's why track tyres are totally different to road tyres.

As a road tyre for us mere mortals the Falken 452 is a very good tyre at a great price.

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
Problem with F1s are they don't work in the cold, fine at this time of year - but in the depths of winter they are crap. I put some falkens on the rear of my 535d and they seem comparable to the Pzero neros that were on there previously.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.