bendy cold air feed pipe

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
lo all,

any recommendations on the best place to get some cold air feed piping as i dont fancy paying £15quid off fleabay.

I guess B&Q but thought id ask on here incase there is a special SCN contact for such devices ;)

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
Cheers pal,

Bit more expensive than what i've found at the moment as they're charging per meter.

I think i'm going to buy 10Meters but as mentioned before, if anyone wants 5Meters for cheap, PM.

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Where are you 'fixing' the cold air feed? Are you going to run it all the way to the passenger side or cut out a hole in the splitter?

cozzie121

Mar 20, 2007
i bought a k&n flexi pipe, drilled the box and there was just enough room to take it down the side of the airbox on an 8v and into the front splitter, looks great, sounds good. the pipe is about 1.5" in diameter, works a treat

i trekked round b&q and wickes and couldnt find anything suitable, i bought some alu pipe from halfords, i think it was ripspeed piping, but was way too big, about 2.5" i think. i dont see the point in running the pipe across and down the passenger side as the airflowing in will get heated by the heat in the engine bay, not good, defeats the point of a cold air feed, i found my engine gets really hot as the bonnet is well insulated and heavy.

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
i bought a k&n flexi pipe, drilled the box and there was just enough room to take it down the side of the airbox on an 8v and into the front splitter, looks great, sounds good. the pipe is about 1.5" in diameter, works a treat

i trekked round b&q and wickes and couldnt find anything suitable, i bought some alu pipe from halfords, i think it was ripspeed piping, but was way too big, about 2.5" i think. i dont see the point in running the pipe across and down the passenger side as the airflowing in will get heated by the heat in the engine bay, not good, defeats the point of a cold air feed, i found my engine gets really hot as the bonnet is well insulated and heavy.

But on the drivers side of the splitter, its solid (if that makes sense). Did you just cut a hole out or is there enough cold air coming in from the bottom of the car to leave the feed there?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.