Not a happy bunny

marcb

Apr 25, 2007
I picked up my 54 plate red lcr 6 weeks ago noticed yesturday there is a 8 inch scratch on the rear passengers :censored::censored:took it to a body shop to get a quote for the repairs they have said it will cost 170:cry::cry: to respray the door im just waiting for chips away to contact me to come round and give me a quote for the repairs has anyone used them before and how good are they

Deleted member 20482

i have used chips away before when i did my rear wheel arch..did a good job..
got him to go round the car for my stone chips as well.. very impressed..
i think it was around the £100 mark but that was back in 05...
advantage is they come to you, beats having to take your car the the body shop and waiting

marcb

Apr 25, 2007
cheers mate i have got a couple of chips on my rear wing the body shop said they would spray that wing as well for me for anouther 100 wich i think is a bit steep

Deleted member 20482

daylight robbery that is...so £270 in total...
i would think chips away should be cheaper...or there is car/ dent doctor..
have a look in your yellow pages or phone book for them..there is a few companies doing this now maybe worth shopping about for the best price.

Fastbaz

Fastbaz
Nov 26, 2006
west midlands
when i bought my last car a couple of years ago the garage did not have time to get a large scuff sorted on the front bumper so arranged for chips away to come to my house and do it at my convinience and there cost. the bloke did a really good job and touched up a couple of other small marks here and there well worth trying ..

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
I picked up my 54 plate red lcr 6 weeks ago noticed yesturday there is a 8 inch scratch on the rear passengers :censored::censored:took it to a body shop to get a quote for the repairs they have said it will cost 170:cry::cry: to respray the door im just waiting for chips away to contact me to come round and give me a quote for the repairs has anyone used them before and how good are they

I had a similar experience last weekend - I washed the car for the first time since picking up the LCR and noticed a fair few scrathes and dinks that were well hidden when I had a good look over the car when at the dealers.

I don't like scratches, dinks but I'm the sort of person that will wait for a year or so and then get them all done at once, because lets face it the f:censored: people at car parks really don't give a hoot about bashing your car. But if it is bad scratch it must go!

Cupraloon

I feel for you matey, this sort of thing infuriates me...[:@][:@] I had something similar happen last year when some workmen flicked a load of gravel all over the side of my Leon, from end to end there were tiny pot marks, it took me 5 months to get the money out of them, I've only had the car sprayed a few weeks ago.

Then I washed it last week and theres a bloody dent in the drivers door, that wasn't there before, it sometimes makes me wonder if it's worth having a nice car, with all the inconsiderate W:censored:RS you seem to get in car parks.

I always try to park well away from others, then you come back to your car only to find some halfwit, has parked 3 inches away, it drives me insane :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise