Final choice of wheels?

HarveyGTI

Go for silver. With a black car I think either black or silver looks good. Silver because of the contrast and fresh look and black because of the mean and moody look, all in black. Grey or similar would look a bit odd I think, not bad, just not quite right. And the last thing you want is to spend hundreds on something and not be 100% pleased with the result afterwards.

cheers Rob

I am really starting to Like the BK racing wheels that you said you liked, I think they would really suit the car....slightly BBS looking as well

just hope they do the right ET now

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
If u go on BK`s website u can post a pic of ur car & see how it looks with the wheels on it . There is a leon on there but i cant remember what colour

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
If only i could write this in my sig as I've said it so many times....

Black rims on cars will look smaller than they actually are, normally an inch smaller, so a 18" will look like a 17", this effect is magnified by the use of a polished rim, as this makes the spokes EVEN smaller and sometimes makes a big wheel look alot smaller...

As its been said, yes Polished rim can be hard to keep clean and can chip, but if you buy a good quality rim, and then coat the rim every week with a alloy wax, they will not corrode and will clean in one wipe of the sponge...
If you do alot of mileage i would not go for a rimmed wheel as that seems to ask for stone chips, but if your keen on keeping your car clean there isnt an issue at all.
I have had my polished rim wheels on now 1 year and i havent got any problems with the rims stone chips or laquer or corrosion on the polished rim.

If i was you Harvey and you was going for 18" i would go for a non rimed split spoke look that you have been looking at, but i wouldnt use BK, Asia Tec or such, as they are the worst wheel make, due to stories of buckling, polished finishes failing and laquer peeling!
Dark grey or black can look good, but if you want the wheels to look alitte bigger, i would stick with light colours with spoke designs to the VERY edge of the alloy.

HarveyGTI

If only i could write this in my sig as I've said it so many times....

Black rims on cars will look smaller than they actually are, normally an inch smaller, so a 18" will look like a 17", this effect is magnified by the use of a polished rim, as this makes the spokes EVEN smaller and sometimes makes a big wheel look alot smaller...

As its been said, yes Polished rim can be hard to keep clean and can chip, but if you buy a good quality rim, and then coat the rim every week with a alloy wax, they will not corrode and will clean in one wipe of the sponge...
If you do alot of mileage i would not go for a rimmed wheel as that seems to ask for stone chips, but if your keen on keeping your car clean there isnt an issue at all.
I have had my polished rim wheels on now 1 year and i havent got any problems with the rims stone chips or laquer or corrosion on the polished rim.

If i was you Harvey and you was going for 18" i would go for a non rimed split spoke look that you have been looking at, but i wouldnt use BK, Asia Tec or such, as they are the worst wheel make, due to stories of buckling, polished finishes failing and laquer peeling!
Dark grey or black can look good, but if you want the wheels to look alitte bigger, i would stick with light colours with spoke designs to the VERY edge of the alloy.

what about Konig? as on my very first post (3rd wheel down) thats the wheel I am looking to go for....:confused::)

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
what about Konig? as on my very first post (3rd wheel down) thats the wheel I am looking to go for....:confused::)

Yep good wheel make, just make sure the ETs etc are all ok and they will be better than the jelly mould BK set....

The problem starts when people buy copy design wheels of high end wheels like konig design but at BK prices.. i dont know how people can cut corners like that... its cheaper, yes, but you get excately what you paid for... crap...

HarveyGTI

Yep good wheel make, just make sure the ETs etc are all ok and they will be better than the jelly mould BK set....

The problem starts when people buy copy design wheels of high end wheels like konig design but at BK prices.. i dont know how people can cut corners like that... its cheaper, yes, but you get excately what you paid for... crap...

bugger!

those konig wheels are an ET of 40-45mm....which will sit to far in

now im stuck!:confused: As I really liked those wheels

What about the make Kato wheels?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
bugger!

those konig wheels are an ET of 40-45mm....which will sit to far in

now im stuck!:confused: As I really liked those wheels

What about the make Kato wheels?

Hang on, correct me if i'm wrong someone, but does that mean the wheels would stick out further with a higher ET...

There are other makes out there what do similar designs.. just need to have a look... I'll see if i can dig out a few..

Kato wheels are a sister company of Kei racing... they sell them in Halfords, i let you figure out if there a good make for that information... lol

HarveyGTI

Hang on, correct me if i'm wrong someone, but does that mean the wheels would stick out further with a higher ET...

There are other makes out there what do similar designs.. just need to have a look... I'll see if i can dig out a few..

Kato wheels are a sister company of Kei racing... they sell them in Halfords, i let you figure out if there a good make for that information... lol

halford special eh.....I can well understand the quality then, and will avoid at all costs!

if you could dig out a few wheels, that would be appreciated, thanks

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton

It's tricky, but no.. ET35 would stick out more than ET45. The higher the number, the further into the car the wheels sit. The lower the number, the further out they sit.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Thanks Rob, wrote that down in my head now... learn something new everyday they say!! lol

HarveyGTI

ok, found some more wheels - Rial (think the first wheel will look too small in an 18" version as the spokes dont go to the edge of the wheel)

NOGARO-SC.jpg

DAYTONA-SC.jpg

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
They do the catyluna , the 2nd wheel , in a gunmetal colour I do like the kyalami though . I was considering getting them but i`d never seen them on a leon > They look great on a golf

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I am still waiting for someone to give me a grand so I can get a new set of wheels...lol :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Looks like a TSW wheel from a few years ago. Hockenheim or something similar? Pretty boring and nothing new, but not hideous at the same time.

HarveyGTI

Looks like a TSW wheel from a few years ago. Hockenheim or something similar? Pretty boring and nothing new, but not hideous at the same time.

hmm then im stuck then, alloys can make or break a car now, and im just not sure

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.