Final choice of wheels?

HarveyGTI

Right, I have made the final choice, its either of these three below, which ones do you reckon would look best on a 2001 Black Magic LC?

I am going to make the purchase at the end of this week

132.jpg

imagine%20black.jpg

Imagine%20Opal.jpg

the first one is a 35mm offset, and the 2nd & 3rd are 45mm - what does this mean exactly, and what would be the best offset?

These will be 18's by the way

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
my advice ... steer clear of wheels with the poliched rim. nightmare to keep clean and prone to stone chips.

HarveyGTI

my advice ... steer clear of wheels with the poliched rim. nightmare to keep clean and prone to stone chips.

yeah thats what I thought

dont want the set of RS6 rims, they are just not very original, although do look good

difficult to find a wheel without polished rims....and kinda had m heart set on the polished lip idea

now im stuck

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
i bought stupid looking wheels because i wanted to be different but now i'm kicking myself that i never went for RS6's. i just sold my wheels after less than six months as i couldn't be arsed with cleaning them 4 times a day!

each to their own i suppose. got to learn from our own mistakes

HarveyGTI

i bought stupid looking wheels because i wanted to be different but now i'm kicking myself that i never went for RS6's. i just sold my wheels after less than six months as i couldn't be arsed with cleaning them 4 times a day!

each to their own i suppose. got to learn from our own mistakes

they are cheap the RS6 wheels, and certianly affordable

these ones are different

bk399hps.jpg

BK299_Gold.jpg

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
if money is no option the OZ racing range are very nice. I fancied the white multi spoke (superleggra's???) on my blue LC but they were not cheap.

HarveyGTI

You want ET35-38 rims, ET45 rims will sit too far inside the arches and may even foul on the suspension, meaning you'd need spacers to fit them.

thanks Rob

so the ET determines how far the wheels sits out then?

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
Are they BK Racing 399 ? , I was looking at those when I bought my wheels . I think they look the nuts. I know people complain about stonechips on alloys etc but thats part of everyday driving . I`ve seen old BMW alloys with a polished lip & they still look good . I`ve had my alloys on about 3 months now with a polished lip & no probs , RS6`s look good but getting dated now IMO

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
Are they BK Racing 399 ? , I was looking at those when I bought my wheels . I think they look the nuts. I know people complain about stonechips on alloys etc but thats part of everyday driving . I`ve seen old BMW alloys with a polished lip & they still look good . I`ve had my alloys on about 3 months now with a polished lip & no probs , RS6`s look good but getting dated now IMO

depends on the quailty of the wheels. many are made by Cadbury's!

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
Thats what put me off replicas , heard so many storys about wheels buckling and there are loads of vw/audi/seat in my area with replicas so I wanted something different . I bought 18" TSW Volcanos , not everyones cup of tea but i`m happy with them :D

HarveyGTI

They are nice too. Depends on the colour of the car though as to which would look best.

its black magic...so not sure they would look right, as they are like an anthracite grey almost, but a bit darker I think

Does Grey and Black go together? or would the silver rims be better?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Go for silver. With a black car I think either black or silver looks good. Silver because of the contrast and fresh look and black because of the mean and moody look, all in black. Grey or similar would look a bit odd I think, not bad, just not quite right. And the last thing you want is to spend hundreds on something and not be 100% pleased with the result afterwards.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members