How is everyones air filter set up?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
What do you mean by "a huge amount of difference" Mork? It's a low powered 1.4, it's not going to be a huge gain is it?

I mean as std it's sucking hot air from a 25mm hole

I'm not kidding, just sticking a cone filter on mine made 13bhp, relocating it made a big difference again.

Alien

Nov 11, 2004
hi mate, i had the pipercross one designed for the seat ibiza 1.4 mpi. its like a round biscuit tin sat at the top of the engine. just to let you know if you have got exactly the same one, then you have to becareful cos i ave had problems in the past. firstly i went thru 2 breather filters cos it kept getting blocked and in the end i hooked a tube to it and directed to the ground to prevent carbon monooxide going thru the radiators when its blocked. secondly i personally think its a sucking in hot air from the engine since its sat at the back which would actually lose power. so now i have just gone back to the original air filter and engine cover and decided to get some performance panel filters. hope this helps

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Fit a bigger throttle body to it along with a CAI like the one in m0rks pic.

We did this to a polo gti 1.6 16v, made a massive difference felt like a different car! The 1.8t tb fitted after a bit of modification!:whistle:

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
sound like alot of work to be honest? if it was a straight swap i might give it ago but dont want to start drilling engine!!!

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
will a mk3 cupra cat converter make any difference to standard 1 on mk3 1.4????

got car back cant even tell it had been scratched!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I wouldnt have thought so but i could be wrong. I was up at berts today seeing if my wheel was ready. Picking it up thursday not bad a £10 for a wheel re-furb. Does a top job dont you think. :)

Again another all in one thread :lol:

David.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
lol i didnt think you knew bert!
ye good job accept forgot to tighten wheel bolts this nearly ended up fatel! so not impressed on that acount but did top job for my scratch so cnt be angry! got loads of paint left lol! thought bert charged £25 for wheel refurb!!! could of heard wrong
so why supa awhile ago you told me to get differenct cat con why was this?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
You have PM mate.

Usally is £25 mate but he knows my dad pretty well and i get him a fair bit of work and use him myself quite abit.

David.

Last edited:

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
help needed for best place to put my indution kit as its to big to go on wing!

09052007014.jpg

09052007015.jpg

09052007016.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.