just wondering what makes the 1.4 dab 100bhp
and the sport 1.4 73 and 83

as i own 73 and am wanting a little more power

:shrug:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
lots of things mate, mapping and internals mainly, but the engine does redline at about 7k iirc, not 5.5rpm or whatever it is on the 73bhp models (been so long since i had one lol) so it is hard to get much more the 80 odd, have a wee search as peeps were asking this a while back and that thread pretty much covered all the bases :)

madjak1987

thx all that reading made my head hurt but gona have another read of it some other time cause im still no wizer lol

madjak1987

just had a look then i know its not the 100bhp but can u tell from the rev counter if is 85 opr 73

Triple D

my rev counter goes round to 7k rpm but the redline is alot closer to 7k
littlearosa007.jpg

Poverty

my rev counter goes round to 7k rpm but the redline is alot closer to 7k
littlearosa007.jpg

My car stops revving at 5900rpm. Its the 85 version. Its weird how they have done the limiter cause instead of the needle slightly bouncing the car will just sort of stop pulling and stay exactly at the redline.

I really want to know what the difference between the 3 different 1.4's are. Maybe get in touch with Revo has they should have some information regarding this.

I also made a thread regarding this a month or two back.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116365

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Its weird how they have done the limiter cause instead of the needle slightly bouncing the car will just sort of stop pulling and stay exactly at the redline.

Its an electronic rev counter so who knows what filtering / limiting is applied before the final value is displayed!

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
Hey if there's a cheap way of getting 100 from the 75 version let me know too!!
I think they waited until the month after i'd bought mine and then upped the BHP. Damn you SEAT! damn you to hell!

madjak1987

hoping its just a different ECU as they normaly when they make a diffrent model with more power and same engine i will ask Seat next time im in and see if they can tell me

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.