Ramair Maxflow induction kit cleaning ?

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Phone bill @ badger 5, order some solvent cleaner and polymer spray from him (i would order 2 cleaners, as one can didnt seem enough when i did mine) take the filter out, brush off the heavy contaminates like leaves bugs etc, then apply the cleaner....let it soak the filter and drain out the bottom. Tahen let stand and dry. I think some then wash it in really hot water to get it even cleaner. Make sure it is totally dry and apply a new coat of the polymer (like a sticky spray) i only used about half a can ish as you dont want to over do it. Then re-fit to the car :) Job done

This is how i did mine, and it was fine, couldnt believe how dirty mine was!!!!

DirtyRAMsmall.jpg

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
OMG - Ray Mears could prob start a fire with what's collected on that ;)

Will be back here in a year myself to refresh on the cleaning, once i've got my filter fitted!

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
just ordered some polymet spray from him, as i decided to give it a little clean, sprayed it with cleaner, washed in hot water, dried..went to the box..and guess what i found....the empty can of solvent cleaner..i threw the half full can of tratment away..:doh:
It was about 3.75 a can, plus pand p if i remember rightly..just going out to do it now actually...

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I did something very similar last year...but it was with a 12mnth tax disc.

Ripped the bugger up an everything.

SHould have heard the bird at DVLA laugh when I told her...