£1000 Well Spent? Best mods for a grand?

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
i got my cupra, and within 2 months had spent £3000 on it! wheels, suspsension, rngine etc. it's now pushing over 250bhp but i still want more. it bl00dy fast, bt like all things you get bored! i want more power! and i miss n/a engines, there's just something about a car screaming and pulling to 8000rpm that a turbo can't match. :D

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
OK - maybe i should have added some real time figures in for you mate!

cupra went from 156bhp to 197 - but was peaking at 4800rpm, purely cos the stock intercooler could not handle it

torque came out at 268lbft which was simply killing the turbo, hence it could not carry the power higher up the rev range

now not at any one point in my post did i say it was a "shoddy" remap. I simply stated the figures i got and it is a well known fact the standrd IC is not up to scratch, especially with the torque revo applies with the standard stage 1 map

of course a remap will return biggest peformance for money, any fool on here knows that

You turned your lip up in disgust, and...?:confused:

because you made a stupid comment

"from my experience, revo on a standard ibiza is a waste, as from dyno graphs have shown"

i dont want to get started into a brand new RR debate in this thread so lets say for example those gains are accurate... 41bhp and 101lb ft gains... lol is that a waste?....those peak figures are fantastic

you say a waste on a standard ibiza....ok a new cooling system will help but no other mod will have a dramatic effect. and tbh it will still die off quite alot even with every other usefull mod available.

Revo (and other remaps) are developed with the intentions for it to be used on standard engines (in most cases)

ofcourse that was your experience....but my experience was as i know others agree that revo is fantastic i wouldn't hesitate next time just getting revo alone and leaving the rest of the car standard. best mod i've done

HarveyGTI

because you made a stupid comment

"from my experience, revo on a standard ibiza is a waste, as from dyno graphs have shown"

i dont want to get started into a brand new RR debate in this thread so lets say for example those gains are accurate... 41bhp and 101lb ft gains... lol is that a waste?....those peak figures are fantastic

you say a waste on a standard ibiza....ok a new cooling system will help but no other mod will have a dramatic effect. and tbh it will still die off quite alot even with every other usefull mod available.

Revo (and other remaps) are developed with the intentions for it to be used on standard engines (in most cases)

ofcourse that was your experience....but my experience was as i know others agree that revo is fantastic i wouldn't hesitate next time just getting revo alone and leaving the rest of the car standard. best mod i've done

standard yes, remaps are great, but it was a waste of time for me as I wanted the power to the redline, and i went wayyyy beyond just a remap with the mods on my car

bang for buck they are great, but i didnt like the peak figures and the rpm they were at and IMO thats why i found it to be a waste as it drove similar to a diesel with the power not carried through the rev range

each to their own

Last edited by a moderator:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
standard yes, remaps are great, but it was a waste of time for me as I wanted the power to the redline, and i went wayyyy beyond just a remap with the mods on my car

bang for buck they are great, but i didnt like the peak figures and the rpm they were at and IMO thats why i found it to be a waste as it drove similar to a diesel with the power not carried through the rev range

each to their own

unfortunately thats a characteristic of the turbo and not the remap. there's only one way getting around that and thats changing the turbo charger. and even swapping it for a k03s wont severely change it

that is why i had to disagree with your comment

but fair enough, each to their own. dont waste your time with me ;)

HarveyGTI

unfortunately thats a characteristic of the turbo and not the remap. there's only one way getting around that and thats changing the turbo charger. and even swapping it for a k03s wont severely change it

that is why i had to disagree with your comment

but fair enough, each to their own. dont waste your time with me ;)

lol have to disagree mate, as i am well versed in the change from a K03 to a K03s as i had an ibiza cupra

ok, so a few things were not exactly standard on the car, but a k03s is far superior, and allows the power to be held throughout and alot higher up the rev range, hence having owned my ibiza when standard and then with the different turbo the changes in turbo's are very noticeable

still either way, mine was not standard after the revo trial and i went for jabba in the end for the tailored finish

its a slippery slope, and i said to myself i would never do it again

now i am just purchasing a Leon cupra, and already looking at what i am gunna do to it! save me! lol

seatmk31.8t

revo stg 1,miltech cat race exhaust system,k+n air filter and upgrade the diverter valve.around a grand for that.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members