Wednesbury
Visit site
Mirrors are teardrop
225 came on 53 reg onwards
Fatter steering wheel
on the service book it should say teh PS rating for the 225 in Kw
the mats are different i think, i think they have the chequered style

Thats it as far as i know!

No mats were supplied as standard. If you have mats with chequered pattern they are probably not oem. SEAT mats were all plain, and at an extra cost (unless you got them thrown in for free like me!).

Differences off the top of my head:

225PS instead of 210PS.
Teardrop mirrors, though some late 210s have these too!
Fatter steering wheel with red strip at top.
Guards on front and rear discs, not just rear.
Uprated wheel bearings.
Slightly different internals, with 210s being slightly stronger.

Please feel free to correct any of the above.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
its never been proven that the 210 has stronger internals and from memory both have the same part numbers for rods and pistons

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Mirrors are teardrop
225 came on 53 reg onwards
Fatter steering wheel
on the service book it should say teh PS rating for the 225 in Kw

My '03 210 had teardrop mirrors ;)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Wow this is an old thread......infact it was before this sticky which now covers the whole subject from Red Badges in lieu of Black through to changed Actuators.....

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81667

If you want to get geeky the later 225LCR's had a different pin to retain the fitted mats to the earlier 210LCR's

Deebo said:
Uprated wheel bearings

They were different but were they uprated?, rumour was it was just a new OEM supplier

Last edited:

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
that must be a first lol so not only do we get people startin the same thread over and over but after listening to our advice they use the search and just revive the old ones we cant win can we lol

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
So... Let's bottom it out once and for all - the stickied thread on the differences rambles on, I think we should start a new thread and get it locked straight away. Content should be:

210/225 Differences said:
Exterior/Interior/Visual Differences:
Early 210’s had square mirrors (off a MkIV Golf) the later 210’s (from early May ’03 on) had teardrop mirrors.

The 225 had teardrop mirrors, red cupra badges, extra stone guards on the front wheels and different wheel bearings. Never sure if they were "upgrades" or just from a different supplier. Platinum became standard (before it was a limited edition) and they added artic grey.

The “pegs” holding the front carpet mats in place are round on the 210’s and oval on the 225’s.

210’s steering wheel is the same as the Cupra’s, but with red stitching.

The 225 has a thicker stering wheel with a red band at the top.

Gear knob has red perforations on 225. The parcel shelf on the 210 has retractable strings, the 225 does not (I believe).

Platinum was a limited edition on the 210’s in early '03.

The red was changed from Flash Red to Emocion Red at some point during the 225’s life. Emocion red is slightly darker.

Early 225 had Tracker fitted (53/04/54 plated cars) 05 plated cars and newer it was removed.

210’s have tape decks and 6 disc changers, 225’s have single CD heads and 6 disc changers, 05 cars have just a single CD and came with a “motorsport package” (pair of Seat Sport jackets, baseball caps - and was it a tuition day?)

Recaros and Sat Nav where the only options, the recaro option on the 210 was front AND rear, on the 225s it was front only.

Very Late (When the FR+ came out) cars came in Metallic Black – I’ve seen one, so there.

Engine Diffrences:
210 is an AMK Engine code, 225 is BAM.

Both cars remap to practically the same.

ECU Code for the 225 has an “A” on the end.

There were always rumours that the 210 had stronger internals (20mm wrist pins and difference rods), but it was never proven.

From ETOS and ETKA the block and piston set for AMK :06A 103 101 J and for the BAM : 06A 103 101 J, conrod for AMK : 027 198 401 B, conrod for BAM : 027 198 401 B. So if they are different, nobody told SEAT Parts.

Someone once said the VVT actuation was different. Ones mechanical the other hydraulic, but which one it which? My guess would eb the 210 is hydraulic.

Apparently the two cars have different wastegate actuators.

Think that's it?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
How about, if possible, a Mod goes through the sticky at the top of the forum and removes any 'chat' and just leaves the facts and figures? Then we can just point people at that from now on and at the same time, ensure it stays relevant.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
If you have mats with chequered pattern they are probably not oem.

Yes they are, I had them from SEAT Windsor and they came on a SEAT hanger from the dealers at £49.95

DSCN2900.JPG

And I'm in the camp that the 225's didn't have any more power than the 210.

My first 225 was slower than most of the 210's on the RR day at Stealth!

Also the last of the last 225s came with SmartNav (first was Tracker, second was motorsport pack)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
So... Let's bottom it out once and for all - the stickied thread on the differences rambles on, I think we should start a new thread and get it locked straight away. Content should be:

Think that's it?

Sounds good to me

Arctic Grey offered on the 225 from a 53 onwards
Maybe state Euro LCR's had Brembo's as an optional extra and came with 17inch versions of the wheels as standard.

Up to you :shrug:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Just a thought... but does anybody have copies of the LCR brochure from a Seat dealer for the 210 and 225 LCR's? If so, a scan of the important pages from that would really be useful in this thread.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members