210 Bhp Or 225 Bhp Lcr ??

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
My bad sorry ! some 1 was tyriny to say my 05 plate lcr was only 210 brake but i now think it's not lol (bit or paranoya(sp) kicking in lol)

LCR Man

the 225 has a different steering wheel and obviously more power !!!!

LCR Man

i am just quoting manufacturers figures, same with the audi S3 210 and the S3 225, plus the manufacturer states quicker 0-60 times - not arguing just passing on information from the experts!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
LCR Man said:
i am just quoting manufacturers figures, same with the audi S3 210 and the S3 225, plus the manufacturer states quicker 0-60 times - not arguing just passing on information from the experts!

15bhp at the flywheel, less the transmission losses = maybe 10bhp at the wheels on a good day......this means very little difference on the road.

In fact the 225 is actually 222 I think....anyway :shrug:

Although I'm sure the manufacturers would like Joe public to believe they have something 'new' and 'special' rather than just simplified manufacturing for themselves.....heaven forbid they would stretch the truth ;)

LCR Man

But the fact is, someone has asked what the difference is so i am telling them, even if it is only 10/15hp there is a difference !!!! the 210 is also in ps not BHP so that is prob 208bhp.................

dont forget there is also more torque and a Tracker fitted to the 225.

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
CupraR-Rog said:
Not all 225's had tracker - that was dropped when they brought out the "motorsport" package with the jackets etc...

yeah i had the motorsport package instaed of the tracker when i bought mine. I was also slightly annoyed that they had stopped putting the disc change in the glove box too!

Gazzerdaman

rickmyster said:
yeah i had the motorsport package instaed of the tracker when i bought mine. I was also slightly annoyed that they had stopped putting the disc change in the glove box too!

Dad was lucky got both the motorsport package and the tracker as he ordered before christmas 2004 and picked up in 2005.

A lot of dealers chucked the changer into the deal if you asked :)

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
The LCR Tracker-Retrieve is a waste of money. I haven't bothered to re- subscribe and Admiral insurance don't care about it. Total waste of £200 a year. Would you really want your car back if it's been TWOC'd ?

Gazzerdaman

Rokerlad said:
The LCR Tracker-Retrieve is a waste of money. I haven't bothered to re- subscribe and Admiral insurance don't care about it. Total waste of £200 a year. Would you really want your car back if it's been TWOC'd ?

Totally agree, its sat dormant in my dads now aswell.

c11rgd

Freshie
Sep 27, 2006
Difference

Whats the difference betwee the 2?

and how can you tell ?

Mirrors are teardrop
225 came on 53 reg onwards
Fatter steering wheel
on the service book it should say teh PS rating for the 225 in Kw
the mats are different i think, i think they have the chequered style

Thats it as far as i know!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.