Debadging question

Dec 31, 2005
London
A screwdriver?!!! :-o

I used a hairdryer to warm it, then dental floss to get the majority off, warmed it up again and rubbed with my fingers to get the rubbery sticky stuff off, like when you peel a label off a cd and then you have to get the sticky stuff off with your fingers.

Mine was a really bad colour match, i can still see the SEAT and IBIZA and ive polished it god knows how many times, but i knew red was going to be hard to totally get rid of.

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
:wtf: screwdriver....lol.....no mate i used one of my window tinting squigees (badly spelt)....oh if anyone in the midlands want there windows tinting i do it in my spare time and use top notch pro film..and cheap prices;)

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
i know the screwdriver method does seem a bit hardcore yeah......

like i said, if your careful you can tuck the blade behind the plastic so you have the foam to protect the paintwork.......then gently pull towards you, obviously not using the tailgate as a lever. It does work trust me..........lol

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
i know the screwdriver method does seem a bit hardcore yeah......

like i said, if your careful you can tuck the blade behind the plastic so you have the foam to protect the paintwork.......then gently pull towards you, obviously not using the tailgate as a lever. It does work trust me..........lol

LOL!

ill take your word for it Gav;) Me thinks Ill try the dental floss this time!

Ive used a knife before with not very good results:lol:

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
Did mine last weekend....looks cool....it did leave a little different shade underneath but only if you looked analy...bit of polish its all good.
Cupra5.jpg

Cupra1.jpg

how come you havnt shown the other side of the tailgate??

did you scratch it with your SCREWDRIVER..:p :lol:

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
screwdriver all the way......be a man about the situation, obviously if your a girl then you cant be a man.......show your badges whos boss, dont be scared of them they dont bite.....lol

Dec 31, 2005
London
I was quite happy with the results although it did highlight 2 little dents that i hadnt seen before :(

Prob where the previous owner had tried getting them off with a screwdriver and a piece of cloth and then changed his mind cos he'd make it look worse by then taking them off :lol:

Arwel

I used hot water and my national insurance card. Then peeled the rest of the glue off, a squirt of bug and tar remover helps, then a bit of polish.. Jobs a good one.:D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members