Debadging question

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Ok, I know how to de-badge the car. What I want to know is, have any of you Onvi Yellow Cupra owners removed the Ibiza badge ok? I know that the onvi yellow paint is not the best paint.

Have any of you with onvi yellow removed the badges and if so has the paint been a different shade after you have removed it?

I wanna de-badge mine but not if its gonna leave a noticable shade behind, I did a search and couldnt find what I was looking for.

I did find a funny argument with some matey and acidstarto that made me laugh:lol:

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Debadge it, and then give it a good polish with something like Menz 2. (Or more readily available t-cut) and that should then clear any noticable colour difference.

If it doesn't then rebadge!

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
i would have thought that a good t-cut will sort that out, i didnt have any of this when i took mine off but it is black so it will probably be different. Just make sure you take the letters off really carefully so if in the worst case scenario you can glue them back on. The sticky stuff is a pig by the way!

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Cheers for the info, Im just a little unsure cos I dont want a noticable shade left after Ive done it. The yellow paint is surprisingly sh*te. My roof for example is a different shade to the spoiler:wtf:

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Oh and if any onvi yellow owners have pictures of the back of their cars after de-badging feel free to post so I can have a look.

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
i just carefully peeled mine off with the blade of a screw driver.....if your careful you wont even touch the paint but i suppose a hairdryer would work, ive also heard fishing line works too?

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
Did mine last weekend....looks cool....it did leave a little different shade underneath but only if you looked analy...bit of polish its all good.
Cupra5.jpg

Cupra1.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.