D/V has changed noise? why?

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Hi guys,

I have an 03 plate Cupra R, re-mapped with cat back miltek, dynatwist and 007p.

After a "spirited" drive over the back roads one night last week and driving through the town i could hear that the dump valve was making more noise than usual. Normally when changing gear you would faintly hear the d/v dumping but now every time i change gear (even from 1st to 2nd in and around town) i can hear quite a loud "chatter" like an external wastegate kinda noise? It sounds cool and the car still runs fine but surely there must be something thats caused the sudden change in noise?

Any help given much appreciated :)

Clark

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
checked all obvious things like hoses/pipes, everything seems fine, the car had the d/v fitted when it was re-mapped around 6/7 months ago. How often should you service them?

Cheers guys :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
They shouldn't need servicing for years, so I would be surprised if it needed it after 7 months.

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Thats what i'd suspected.....Its certainly not a bad noise, it did used to make the noise when backing off the throttle when high up the rpm's now and again but it does it every single time now, i just want to have peace of mind knowing its not going to cause problems with anything else etc :)

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
If it sounds like it's dumping many times instead of just once, sort of "pheep, pheep, squeeant" rather than "phssstfff" it might be the spring.

Have a word with Mike_IbizaCupra, last time I saw him at VAGtech he had a lot of strange noises coming from his DV. Maybe he's fixed it now?

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
its kinda like the "ptshhhh" noise has an echo if that makes sense?

I'll more than likely just phone Jim @ Star Performance and pick his brains, or buy the new Forge Splitter valve :)

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
Have a word with Mike_IbizaCupra, last time I saw him at VAGtech he had a lot of strange noises coming from his DV. Maybe he's fixed it now?

mikes car sounds like that because he has done the N249 bypass on his ibiza. the only funny sounds comong from under his bonnet now are when the hoses pop off under boost! :D

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
hi i had forge 007pa dv and only had that for around 3months. The rubber seal went! Rang forge they sent me 3 seals!

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
Yes. I had a similiar problem, inside the DV, You have two 'O-rings' 'Seal's'. Overtime they can come lose or fall down etc, need to be greased back up and stuck in place, 'if' they have become lose.

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Just this second ordered a Forge Splitter valve so the 007P will be getting replaced soon enough now anyways :D

Cheers for all your help guys :)

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
just hope its worth the £150 odd, i'm sure it will make a nice enough noise seeings as the car has a re-map, exhaust and filter....(better do anyways!)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
just hope its worth the £150 odd, i'm sure it will make a nice enough noise seeings as the car has a re-map, exhaust and filter....(better do anyways!)
If your the Clark I think you are the you will have been cleaning your engine bay:p
Check to see that you haven't knocked the DV and slackened it off:doh: . If you have then this will lessen the pressure on the spring and make the DV more sensitive therefore you will hear it more

Hope this helps

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Cheers Willie, away to go have a look at it in a minute but hoping my splitter valve arrives tomoro...... :)

Engine bay hasnt been cleaned for months, havent had time to do my own car due to detailing everyone elses! :D

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Well i took apart my Forge D/V and noticed there's a big bloody hole in the diaphram (sp?)! Not what i expect after 6 or 7 months of use since new!

Replaced it with my standard Bosch one for now and hope my new Forge Splitter Valve arrives on monday! :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise