300 BHP and how

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
i spoke to mike the other day actually, and he reckons from the spec i already have i could go IHI for about £2000! he said there is no point going AM04 or K04 as it works out nearly as expensive and you may aswell just do IHI.

Dec 31, 2005
London
IHI for 2k?
What mods have you got then, are these all the k03s mods or have you got other stuff waiting.
If I got to the 300bhp mark and wanted more power I think rather than throw more money at it I'd get a 1.8t 4wd and go higher bhp that way.

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
change of plan guys i spoke to the guy today hes had my car 16days and not touched it!! its booked in at jabba for monday for stage 3 IHI and brembo's instead of porka brakes!! bit gutted im not gettin them but hes takin the piss on how long its taking. so bring on jabba!!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
nice one pete. get the boost controller so you can turn it down a bit... handy for these icy mornings... which ihi turbo are you having?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
that HI sounds the nutts one thing that is concerning though isnt all that power in a front wheel drive only good enough for burn outs and lots a new tyres? Mines only 210bhp 250 lbs ft torque and i can easily wheel spin that when racing chavs n stuff?

cos with IHI u dont waste time or fuel racing chavs

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
haha yer the price i have been uoted has the boost controller included! im not sure mate i just rang up today and said i want stage 3 IHI and brembo brakes.. then he said u want boost controller so i said yep and also can i have a carbon air filter. and that was it i said id be there just after dinner on monday!!!!! haha was quite a good chat

May 2, 2006
haha yer the price i have been uoted has the boost controller included! im not sure mate i just rang up today and said i want stage 3 IHI and brembo brakes.. then he said u want boost controller so i said yep and also can i have a carbon air filter. and that was it i said id be there just after dinner on monday!!!!! haha was quite a good chat

ha ha, good lad, they will sort you out mate, their good guys :happy:

Dec 31, 2005
London

Can I get a cutting of your money tree please ;)

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
haha sorry fella!! this winter weather has killed it! no more money for me!! jus good old work to get it back up again!!! at least i aint missin it as much coz got company car!! il keep you lot posted on progress with IHI etc

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
depends on how you introduce the power ie is the mapping set to just whack it in, or have it come on smoothly. Then there is also how hard you like to stamp your right foot, treat it like the potentiometer that it is, and not a i/o switch.

yep.. with the boost low its a nice smooth climb , but mikes mapped it full on for high boost... ;)

i rarely turn the boost down unless its icy... as said its all in the right foot . drivers car :D :)

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
MR ibiza cupra....what are you doing to yours then?

HoocH

The full works realy, got an ATP Manifold, orderd my Quaife Diff on Friday, but need a G60 flywheel tho !!!! Im not going for one of ATP's Turbos cos it doesnt seem like you make the desired horse power they quote. So Im going for custom Garrett not roller bearing, just a GT series Garrett, GT28 probably.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
how exactly is a GT28 going to fit the ATP manifold?

do you think ATP made the eliminators for fun?

if you got the manifold for the T25 flange, surely theres no room for the turbo anyway

Last edited:

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
as you had "MR" in your name i made the assumption you worked there!? lol

i prefer them to jabba also, proper custom map, going down there soon

acidstrato has a point, to fit a gt28 to your atp mani, your going to have to go with an atp turbo! or just a new mani and lots of bulkhead grinding action!!!

HoocH

bezzaboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
was up at jbs yesterday had the car on the rr

dyno_27.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.