Ko3 to ko3s turbo upgrade

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
hi guys, i need some info on this upgrade. will this be a straight swop for my ko3? i want to exchange it to ko3s? will this fit mines?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
cool , cheers.
how much are k03s turbos worth pre owned? does the car needs to be chipped or adapted for the new turbo?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
To get the best out of the KO3s ,you'd need a Stage 2 remap, to allow for the correct fueling, and everything else that goes with a stage two.

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
it will need mapping to run correctly, personally what i did was get all the simple bolt on mods done filter fmic then in one hit did the down pipe exhaust then tip at the same time as the ko3s turbo then got it mapped 2 weeks later but didn't use the car in the mean time.

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Im just about to do mine, an been told you can do the swop an will be fine to drive until properly mapped.

Im sure someone ran there ko3s on revo stage 1 for some time and said that there wasn't much difference when they went to revo stage 2, think they said it actually ran abit better on stage 1!.

I might even try running mine with a MBC an see how i go as loads of guys on Vortex forum are running them an stay there fine if u up them abit, but it you up the MBC to much it will cause stutter on half throttle, which i dont want.

Then i'll get mine properly mapped when money allows.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
it will need mapping to run correctly, personally what i did was get all the simple bolt on mods done filter fmic then in one hit did the down pipe exhaust then tip at the same time as the ko3s turbo then got it mapped 2 weeks later but didn't use the car in the mean time.

so imagine i just get my existing k03 swoped to ko3s without getin it revo. will the car still run right at standard boost?

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
it will run, but it will be slower than it was just with a standard K03. when i put my K03s on with standard map, it spiked resonably high, about 12psi then quickly dropped to about 4-5psi and wouldn't go any higher. quite a bit slower than the standard constand 7psi i was getting from the K03

May 2, 2006
you wll need mapping anyway, you cant go throwing more air in without throwing more fuel in with it, either get revo 2 and play with the settings yourself, getting it right or get a custom map

snifta

i would give jabbasport a buzz mate, your prob looking at the same kinda spec the facelift leon cupra gets, circa 230bhp, but you may need FMIC etc first.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
to get 230bhp he's gonna need a fair bit, frount mounted intercooler, full exhaust and downpipe, air filter etc. with just the K03s and a re-map on a standard car i expecti it would prob only be about 210bhp?

jj10

sell me your car!!
Jul 11, 2005
Parts unknown...
The mods that go with it (fueling, cooling, mapping, etc...) are WELL worth doing if you can afford it... Guys like Nick and Pete (catB1) + others have seen some good results 250 (ish) bhp any good to ya...?? ;)

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
right, mine rolling roaded at 256bhp, to get that power i have

air filter
2.75 inch downpipe
full exhaust with race cat
k03s turbo
turbo intake pipe
re-circ dump valve
4 bar fuel pressure regulator
front mounted intercooler
custom jabba re-map

your looking at about £2500 really for that spec.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
right, mine rolling roaded at 256bhp, to get that power i have

air filter
2.75 inch downpipe
full exhaust with race cat
k03s turbo
turbo intake pipe
re-circ dump valve
4 bar fuel pressure regulator
front mounted intercooler
custom jabba re-map

your looking at about £2500 really for that spec.

i can breath :scary:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
UMMM GUYS! is anyone missing the fact that in his sig its says he has a "*****Leon 1.8 20VT - Forge 007PA DV - Viper Cross Air Filter - Twin Exhaust System - Xenon Headlight****" LEON! i could be wrong but sounds to me this guy is talking shite anyway!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise