Leon Cupra 180 is there a problem

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
I have been reading the fuel consumption thread and found that most of the LC owners report about 280miles to the fuel light at this time of year.

A couple of the LCR boys have been shocked by this as they get over 330 to the light. I have confirmed this with a friend with an 04 LCR and another with a 2000 Audi S3 (210bhp) both of which get at least 330 miles to the light increasing to 350 if they drive carefully.:wtf:

The best i have achieved is 320 in the summer when the engine is more efficient as it does not have to use as much fuel to compensate for more dense air. Now it is winter it has dropped to around 280 consistantly.

I am sure it is not just my car, so i am wondering if anyone out there can offer a technical explanation. Is it something to do with the K03s turbo? There must be a reason if an S3 can manage an extra 50 miles to the reserve with its power sapping 4wd.:confused:

Just in case you were thinking its my driving, most of the time it is my wife in the car with our son, or me driving the whole family. It is almost never driven hard.

Matt

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Not yet, i am thinking about the AMD stage 1 as this provided a massive increase of 46bhp on my brothers Golf 4 1.8T. Although i have to admit to being a bit concerned if it will make fuel consumption much worse

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
I usually get between 280-320 depending on what type of driving I'm doing.

Most i ever managed was around 350 miles to a tank. Not quite sure how i managed it though!

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
330 miles on a tank for an LCR!!! They must drive like granies, I can't remember ever getting more than 260.

I posted this in the other thread but I've never got less than 330 on a tank in my LCR. That is with loads of stop/starts on A/B roads to work with lots of spirited pulling away from the roundabouts :whistle:

Edit: btw I've always used BP Ultimate - the one time I used optimax it made my exhaust smoke to buggery!

Last edited:

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
I posted this in the other thread but I've never got less than 330 on a tank in my LCR. That is with loads of stop/starts on A/B roads to work with lots of spirited pulling away from the roundabouts :whistle:

What's your ave MPG? I'm getting low 20's.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
My last 2600 odd miles (the total since I last reset the long running trip computer) were covered with an average of just over 30 mpg. 30.3 or something.

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Next you will be making outrageous claims that LCR front tyers do more than 6000 miles, pad more than 8000 and discs more than 16000. (or is it just that I drive like a cnut?)

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Mine is a Leon Cupra (180) and the most i ever get is about 250, my average overall is 26.6,mine is mainly town driving, but that is crap aint it!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.