WANTED Guide for.........

paul26982

to change the front and rear seats in the leon, is there a guide, just somthing ive never done, pick my cupra R interior up today ;)

also steering wheel

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Paul - this really is a piece of the proverbial cake, you'll have the backs done in under 5 minutes mate. Fronts might be a little more complex, but you won't know that till you get the new ones and compare the airbag connectors ;)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
agreed, i removed my rear seats for extra space few weeks ago, was dead simple

is it the R recaro's paul?

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Remove and Replace Front Seats

1. Make a note of your radio code and disconnect the battery.
  2. Slide the seat forward to give yourself room in the back.
  3. Using the tip of a stanley knife (or similar) carefully remove the plastic screw caps on the runner covers. (Photo 1)
  4. Un-screw the Torx screws using size 20 Torx bit and remove the plastic runner covers. (Photo 2)
  5. Slide the seat all the way back. Undo the 2 retaining nuts using a 13mm socket. (Photo 3)
  6. Slide the seat right back out of the runners and tilt back.
  7. Un-plug the yellow air bag connector underneath the seat. (Photo 4)
  8. Remove the seat being careful not to scratch your trim or paint!
  9. Put new / replacement seat in position and plug in the yellow air bag connector.
  10. Locate the seat in the runners and push forward as far as it will go.
  11. Replace the two 13mm nuts.
  12. Replace the plastic trim on the back of the runners, tighten up the Torx screws and replace caps. (They will only go on one way as they have a locating groove)
  13. All done! Adjust the seat as necessary. (Photo 5)
  14. Re-connect the battery, enter your radio code and re-set your electric windows. (For some reason you will have lost the "one touch" facility. Press and hold the buttons to fully open the front windows, press & hold to fully close the windows. All should now be back to normal!)

Remove & Replace Rear Seats

1. Pull seat squab up and forward. (Photo 1)
  2. Squeeze the two arms together slightly and slide ends out of retainers.
  3. Pull the lever at the top of the seat back to tilt it forward.
  4. There is a retaining hook on the wheel arch side of the seat. Using a flat blade screw driver (or similar) slide the hook back to open. (Photo 2)
  5. Lift the seat back slightly and slide it off the centre retaining pin. It may take a bit of wiggling... The double seat back will be more awkward as the centre retaining pin is about twice as long.
  6. The double seat back will have an integrated 3 point seatbelt. Remove the anchor point using a 17mm socket. (Photo 3)
  7. Re-fit the new / replacement seats making sure the seatbelt anchor is nice and tight, and the retaining hooks are pushed back in place. (Photo 4)

IMPORTANT NOTE! The Recaro rear bench in the photo does not have an integrated centre 3 point seat belt, it uses a lap belt instead. The seatbelt anchor on your car will be slightly different if you have the centre 3 point seat belt.

Unfortunately I don't know how to post photo's... I have them so if anyone can tell me how I will post them up :)

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Front:
Photo1
Front%20Photo%201.JPG

Photo 2
Front%20Photo%202.JPG

Photo 3
Front%20Photo%203.JPG

Photo 4
Front%20Photo%204.JPG

Photo 5
Front%20Photo%205.JPG

Rear
Photo 1
Rear%20Photo%201.JPG

Photo 2
Rear%20Photo%202.JPG

Photo 3
Rear%20Photo%203.JPG

Photo 4
Rear%20Photo%204.JPG

Enjoy :D

Last edited:

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
That was quick! Thanks for putting the pics up :D

Damn it, now I want those seat!

lol :p I got lucky on ebay a couple of years ago, bought them for my FR then put them in my LCR... apparently they only did the rears on the 210 so even if I had them dealer fitted to my LCR I'd have only got the fronts :shrug:

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
lol nope! :p I'll be keeping the LCR for a few more years... I'm thinking of keeping it as a project car and buying a second car for running around in...

paul26982

thanx lads, as of your help i done my rears, in the dark to lol, i wanted them done, guna do the fronts tomora, cant wait, look so much better, there not the recaro R interior unfortunatly

thanx for all the help, good guide too

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
thanx lads, as of your help i done my rears, in the dark to lol, i wanted them done, guna do the fronts tomora, cant wait, look so much better, there not the recaro R interior unfortunatly

thanx for all the help, good guide too

you've done loads of mods mate, might have been cheaper to buy an R and be done with it

:p

tis looking good though!

paul26982

nah, takes the fun out of it, it will just end up being that little bit diefferent wich i want that, just a hobby aint it

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise