Full decat bhp

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Old japcrap cars gain 25bhp by opening up the exhausts as they are known to be very restrictive.

Modern day performance turbo cars dont see so much as they are a lot more efficient and opening up the exhaust too much may cause issues with not enough back pressure being produced. I had a 3'' Dp and sports cat fitted last week, although its helped top end, it seems to be more laggy down the bottom end.

Full exhaust system on our cars, probably 10-15bhp max. Your better spending your money on a remap where in the LCR's case, you can see improvements of 50-60bhp/100lbft

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
true, may save up for the remap. dont wana mess around with leon, I stick to my pulsar when i need to get to A to B fast.

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
I gained 18bhp from a Blitz NUR Spec Back box on a newage Impreza...only gained another 28bhp from a complete decat (3 of them!!) and custom remap:confused: :confused: :confused:

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
mr arosaracer has a magnex system/de-cat on his LCR and he's happy with it. i think he likes the sound of it popping & burbling on tickover, his car is already remapped

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members