Alternative Interior

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Here's a few quick pictures, just treated all the seats and doorcards with Autoglym leather cream so there looking a bit shiney, and they don't match the steering wheel (didn't treat it as I don't want it to be slippy). The leather cream seems to make them go a gloss black colour but when it soaks in they go dull again, which is what I want.

Let me know what you think, after driving it the support is 10 times better, but the new position and steering wheel will take some getting used to.

cupra_interior_1.JPG

cupra_interior_2.JPG

cupra_interior_3.JPG

cupra_interior_4.JPG

cupra_interior_5.JPG

Jonzy

Would look a million times better without the harnesses, seats look awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Would look a million times better without the harnesses, seats look awesome!

:( Wondered the same myself, but I really don't want to have to make a seat belt mount on the frames and in real life without the harness's the interior is too dark.

Also the seats were put in to hold me in, not just look good, along with the harness's they do just that no more sliding about on corners, but there going to take some getting used to! No good for every day driving or getting in and out of cars quickly!

When I get the proper pictures posted once the leather all matches and the harness's aren't looking so bright I think it should look spot on. Other than the harness's what do you think to the steering wheel and back seats? Does it look right or is there too much miss-match? Gauges are silver as are the harness's, but the steering wheel, clock surround and pedals are a titanium colour.

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Looks really really nice and I think you've done a cracking job! Seats look amazing, will be excellent if you're out on track ;)

Would be easy enough to photoshop the harnesses to a different colour(s) to see if you prefer it?

May 2, 2006
ooooh, now that does look good, look like their nice and snug for going round corners, i think the harnesses look alright actually, maybe look better a bit toned down but i dont think the pics does it any justice, i think it would look alot better in reality than in the pics

job well done me thinks, very impressive :)

bartsimmo

Oct 10, 2005
Cambs
Look smart Craig, nice work! Got say I dont mind the harnesses at all!! May be a change of colour, perhaps?

Dan

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
just noticed what matt said too, ditch the harnesses, really not practical for the road, and they make you look like a bellend too :)

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
David - It's no longer my full time road car, its only coming out for car meetings, dry weather blasts and when I feel like taking it out. If I need to bring it back out as my full time road car the harness's will go as they take twice as long to put on and just generally not suitable for every day use.

The harness's are the same colour silver as the car, I got them as a bit of a contrast silver car, black interior with silver accents. Blue or Red wouldn't match anything and black would have been bland IMO.

I also am a fan of the slag look, the car with the OZ Wheels, Brembo's and LCR Splitter looks a bit racey so the harness's add to the look. I guess it's a bit like marmite, you either love it or you hate it.

If it wasn't for my Mk3 Golf hack it'd still have the usual belts.

May 2, 2006
naaaaa, they look cool, steering wheel as well :D

so if your cars just going to be a weekend toy, does this mean its BT time?? ;)

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
im the same boat! weekend car! well its not even that, i never drive it in the winter and ony once a week in the summer!! bit of a waste!!

HoocH

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i dont like the steering wheel or the harnesses either...if it isnt used that much then i would have wasted money re trimming the rear seats and just removed them altogether

that said they look great!

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Steering wheel makes the car nicer to drive and easier to chuck about, like the harness's it serves a purpose. Didn't want to go for the full stripped out look as thats what most people do, i've seen very few Cupra's will nice interiors so thought it would be different.

Guess its love/hate things, everyone who's seen in in real life said it looks ten time better with the harness's and the steering wheel then it did when I did the mock up with the standard wheel and seat belts.

I think it looks good and after a few days it's really grown on me, which is all that counts, I mean after all I modify the car to what I like not to have everyone saying "ohh that looks good".

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members