Alternative Interior

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
OK I was going to keep quiet about this untill they were in (tomorrow if I get the second sub-frame finished and welded up today). Here's my new interior, well bits of it... I'll keep it to the seats for the moment, but theres also three other bits going in to complete the look which I will post once there fitted as a whole.

I've got some Recaro Speed Style Leather Seats in the front, I have had both test fitted and they fit fine, don't touch door cards or exhaust tunnel and from making some custom sub-frames have got them to sit 1.75" lower than the standard seats which is just right for me.

I also picked up a second set of rear seats off a friend who has stripped his out, I dropped them off at an auto trimming place late last week and pick them up yesterday, here's the results.

*Pictures are a bit rubbish due to a low pixel setting, but you get the drift.*

cupra_interior1.JPG

cupra_interior2.JPG

cupra_interior3.JPG

cupra_interior4.JPG

cupra_interior5.JPG

slimjimvw

Jul 28, 2006
Exeter , Devon
does anyone else find the standard ibiza cupra seats uncomfortable? i seem to get a bad back if ive been driving for more than half an hour.

Yep !

I'm having some Fiesta RS turbo Recaros trimmed with original centres for mine , i had Recaros in mk2 Golf and i can honestly say they are the most comfortable seats i've ever sat in.

Friends of mine have Integra and Accord type R's and the seats are very uncomfortable to - really hard.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Aww... :(

Big_Lad - Was a right chew on and have spent probably 10 days on and off making them, then improving on the design. If your interested once there done I'll post some pictures.

Harry - The prices quoted for trimming the rear was £160 + VAT for the centres in vynal, around £220 + VAT onwards for leather in the centres, the price of a total trim in vynal was £280 + VAT and I never asked about a total trim in leather due to already having leather sides.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
only thing puting me off the tt seats is the fact they are heavy due to the heater elcements and electric motors

not THAT heavy surely ?

motors dont way much and heater elements weigh less than a ciggie packet - frames are the killer with electric though - id convert to manual and keep the heat

mmmmm toastie - cant beat it this time of year

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
You think motors and all that add weight, just wait untill you've fabbed up your own set of sub-frames then you'll realise where weight gets added back in after been taken out!!

Rick - Not half as much as you would think!! :D

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Aww... :(

Big_Lad - Was a right chew on and have spent probably 10 days on and off making them, then improving on the design. If your interested once there done I'll post some pictures.

If you would mate that'd be grand! We have a fabrication shop where i work so i might be able to get some guys to build me something if i can give them a design to work off. Not saying that i will use yours, but it'll give me an idea of what i need to look at.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Mk3 Golf seats slot straight in at the front, the rears require a tiny bit of work IIRC.

I too find my seats uncomfortable on the back (my MK2 seats are the same as the MK3s) so I'm searching for some Colour Concept or Recaro seats :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.