Silverstone BTCC finale 15th Oct - NO PASSES LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Say Seat do get a 1,2,3 does this mean say Neal finishes 4th, he gets the points for third if the Third Seat isn't one of the nominated point scorers?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its only in the manufacturers championship, the points scorers are restricted.

So if SEAT get 1,2,3, then only the 2 nominated cars will be able to have their points added to the Manufacturers total.

But in the drivers championship, its individuals, so as m0rk says, if Neal finishes 4th, he get 4th place points.

Team Dynamics are independants so are not in the Manufacturers trophy hunt, only SEAT and Vauxhall are slugging that one out.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its going to be busy grid, anything could happen, not much room for error, and it will be mad busy in the mid field. But Silverstone has some long fast sections, that may well suit the Integras or the MG's.

The Toledo went well there, but its saloon shape suited that kind of circuit, the Leon might struggle. But saying that, the Leon did ok on the long flat circuit at Snetterton, so we'll have to see, SEAT have been really strong in qualifying throughout this season, lets hope they can close down the front row.

Scott Dennis

Hi Guys

My last look at the countdown to Silverstone was 9 days, 13 hours and 43 minutes, but I do have a life - honestly! All at SEAT Sport UK can't wait, and we're determined to bring home some silverware this season - there is a trophy with our name on it!

As always thank you for your support, it doesn't go unnoticed and we do appreciate it.

A special thanks from me to m0rk and ZBOYD for all their efforts, you make life easy for us!

I know I've said this before, but SEAT Sport applaud you.....:clap:

Roll on Silverstone!

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Roll on Silverstone indeed! Make sure every nut and bolt is checked, and checked again! Then when season is finished, can I pinch some stuff for my dad's Leon FR :p

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Its only in the manufacturers championship, the points scorers are restricted.

That really confused me at Brands Hatch. I wondered how Vauxhall won the manufacturers' award for the first and second races, when JP had won both the races for SEAT. Then I was told by a friend in the know that the winner is determined by adding the points of the two nominated cars together. It's probably happened before, it just got my attention at that moment in time!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
taken from the BTCC regs.

BTCC Manufacturers’ Championship

Points are awarded to a maximum of two cars per registered manufacturer in each race (provided each car is classified as a finisher in the official results). However, each manufacturer must nominate its two cars at or prior to Saturday’s drivers’ briefing that follows the qualifying session. Points are awarded as per the Drivers’ Championship, although the bonus points for pole position, fastest race lap and leading the race are not scored.

So basically VX scored more manufacturers points because both their cars were finishing, as you say. SEAT could of easily tied it up at Brands, but the dreaded bad luck struck again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.