The under dog Leon cupra 1p

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Thats why im just going to keep mine and do the bits they want. To me they remind me of how hot hatches use to be which is why I love it. If a car makes you turn back and look at it dont sell it lol.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Thats why im just going to keep mine and do the bits they want. To me they remind me of how hot hatches use to be which is why I love it. If a car makes you turn back and look at it dont sell it lol.
I’ve just booked the 27th at thruxton for its first track day can’t wait. I know what you mean about looking back at it do it all the time to make sure the engines not of fire 🔥 after I park up. Lol

Reactions: Benmk2cupra

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
I’ve just booked the 27th at thruxton for its first track day can’t wait. I know what you mean about looking back at it do it all the time to make sure the engines not of fire 🔥 after I park up. Lol

That will be the nuts mate bet you are looking forward to that. Ha Ha mines because I lurveeeee it lol. She sailed through mot yesterday. Currently with the tech having full service,front discs and pads fitted,new small cooling fan and cam follower changed.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

thatslowk1

Jul 30, 2021
My shifter turned up this morning 3 weeks early which im over the moon about.
I would like to thank WG motor parts for this there team and customer related skills are awesome it’s nice to actually deal with someone who sell something and actually deliver what they say and kept me updated.
I literally screamed when I opened this it has been on my dream parts list for the Leon.
Just need to find time to fit it now am hoping Saturday I’ll have time. View attachment 26723 View attachment 26724 View attachment 26725 View attachment 26726
If anyone would like to buy one the link is below
Also they were kind enough to give me a 5% voucher to use which I will forward to anyone wanting to buy one of these.

That is a very nice bit of kit... very jealous I am!

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Small update I fitted the shifter today.
Basically plug and play fitment. Had to mod nothing at all.
My god the car is so much more enjoyable to drive and the shifts are awesome. No slop like loading a gun in every gear.
Worth every penny guys.
I didn’t really buy it for the looks more for function so I trimmed the console and fit everything back factory with some minor trims to the plastic.
I’ve ordered a new shifter boot as well this one is temporary.

At a guess I’d say I can change all 7 gears in around a 50/65mm range now so can now change gear super fast. Can’t wait to try this out on track on sept too at thruxton.
2F591E2D-4D38-41CB-9A97-4BD4D57D3DB7.jpeg
Hi
EAA87DF8-0739-4BA4-930C-8D02DFBDE10C.jpeg
D1F8EAAC-FC12-4A45-840D-86132E5D2AF3.jpeg

Last edited:

ryan9

Feb 26, 2021
Need to see this in the flesh one day. I love how functional and well thought out everything you do to it is

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Need to see this in the flesh one day. I love how functional and well thought out everything you do to it is

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Hi mate thanks its not much to look at the cars a dog I should’ve just let my mate scrap the thing I think he had the right idea. Lol

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Nice work fella! You need to do said trimming from the underside or was that a straight forward install too?

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Sweet! I'm glad you're enjoying the car again. That track day will be even more fun shifting like a pro 😁

thatslowk1

Jul 30, 2021
No trimming to the underside at all mate just have to take the shifter apart and then put it back together once fitted in the hole. Totally transformed the drive of the car I actually enjoy driving it again.
Glad you're feeling the love for it again mate! Are you planning on track days next year?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Glad you're feeling the love for it again mate! Are you planning on track days next year?
Yea definitely now we are allowed to get back on track im definitely going to be getting back into for sure depending on how my Leon does I might even retire my actual track car Ibiza cupra too. But I don’t trust the 2.0tfsi engine at the moment In my eyes it’s a bomb waiting to go off mate. My 1.8t Ibiza is bullet proof and never let me down on a track day and had always got me home after a hard days racing it. I need to do the balance shaft delete then I might have some faith but not doing that anytime soon.

Last edited:

thatslowk1

Jul 30, 2021
Yea definitely now we are allowed to get back on track im definitely going to be getting back into for sure depending on how my Leon does I might even retire my actual track car Ibiza cupra too. But I don’t trust the 2.0tfsi engine at the moment In my eyes it’s a bomb waiting to go off mate. My 1.8t Ibiza is bullet proof and never let me down on a track day and had always got me home after a hard days racing it. I need to do the balance shaft delete then I might have some faith but not doing that anytime soon.
Everyone says about the reliability of these TFSI's on track is not the best but I have done two hard days and it loved it. I want to do the balance shaf delete though before my next one.

If you do plan to book any next year mate drop me a PM I will be more than happy to tag along in the K1.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Everyone says about the reliability of these TFSI's on track is not the best but I have done two hard days and it loved it. I want to do the balance shaf delete though before my next one.

If you do plan to book any next year mate drop me a PM I will be more than happy to tag along in the K1.
Will do mate fingers crossed mines as reliable as yours on track. It should be fine I’m gonna give it a once over next weekend and do a bolt check and make sure it’s all happy. I will recheck all the grub screws on the shifter too been out in it tonight my god this cars so much more enjoyable to drive.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Little update thanks to the guys at ebc brakes I have fitted some blue stuff pads I fitted them today and I couldn’t believe how much better the brakes are I didn’t think my brakes could get any better as they are fierce to begin with. Right out of the box I can feel the difference. I’m haven’t tried them hard yet I am following there break In process first. Absolute perfect fit as usual as you’d except from such a brand.

I am going to be testing these out on the 27th at thruxton all day will give feedback but I can tell I’m not going to be disappointed
My ibiza track car has ebc yellow stuff all round and they have been awesome on track I don’t have to worry about the brakes on track they take abuse all day without fading at all if anything they got better as the day went on.

I would definitely recommend to users who are going to buy ebc pads please use your discount code they have given.

Feed back to follow.
F320C7D8-3B2F-4488-9C89-A58CD3CA8C02.jpeg
51F97740-498C-4234-ABF1-FF53B3106A8D.jpeg
I
4F9551B3-FC90-4C41-A8AA-28131F8AF391.jpeg
C2E12001-42B6-41D4-8274-EBDCF2BCF6C8.jpeg

Last edited:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Quick update on the ebc blue stuff pads I’ve done over 200miles of urban driving the pads are great, stopping power is good even with the lightest of pressure on the pedal. Im not disappointed and knew I wouldn’t be with ebc. Also the after service is great very helpful and informative.
I will update at the end of the month once I’ve been to thruxton but if your serious about track driving this is the pad for you.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Well that’s it the cars broken. It started making a knocking sound from the cam belt cover on a drive where I hadn’t even been thrashing the car for once.
I pulled over at the side of the road and took off the cam belt cover to my horror saw this… 10 days Before a track day while still trying to sort out another track rod issue I found this is all I need. Looks like the little pulley has either come loose or snapped the bolt that holds it in place I can’t see without stripping it down.
That’s it people this car doesn’t deserve to be fixed it is too much of a dog has bags of character but this time it’s too much.
6F58011D-53C2-4736-AD9E-C50F8209D750.jpeg
60E353BB-CD09-417D-A07B-B8EC8BCD1F29.jpeg
FA22E343-5023-43A3-A0D9-C09D656CCE1A.jpeg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.