Suj's Bora...Now Standard (Workhorse), Then Tracktoy Time :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
:D your plans of getting a track car sound similar to mine Suj :). Oooh I also got offered a Jag Grad Job :D.

Oh nice one Mike, congrats, which Place you working? Gaydon or Whitley, and doing what?

Yeah tbh I have grown bored of the scene, and kinda getting bored of the car too, and I have always been into racing/cars, going Castle Combe next sunday to watch a mate race, will my DSLR and get lots of shots :D

I am going to make insurance quotes next week, see what I can and cannot insure, and go from there :D

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Oh nice one Mike, congrats, which Place you working? Gaydon or Whitley, and doing what?

Yeah tbh I have grown bored of the scene, and kinda getting bored of the car too, and I have always been into racing/cars, going Castle Combe next sunday to watch a mate race, will my DSLR and get lots of shots :D

I am going to make insurance quotes next week, see what I can and cannot insure, and go from there :D

It's a PD position, don't know what exactly yet, they will confirm that in June apparently. But I have told them I would like to work in Engine Calibration and Test so hopefully that will be what I get :D.

I may pop up to combe too, see how I'm feeling as I've got an awards dinner the night before.

I think an old ek civic could make a fairly tasty track car once stripped out and won't kill you on insurance.

Personally I'm very tempted by the new Mk3 golf race series and running a tdi in it.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Engine Calibration? My mate works in Engine Performance in Whitley with me, I work in Back Office doing CAD Translation at the moment (not what I wanna do, but its cool)

Cool give me a shout, I should be there with my few mates taking pics :)

I do like al civics, EK, EG or even a EF :love: but I am thinking bigger ;)

Oh cool, sounds good, different, so should be fun :)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Mr2 = Rot!

I like your plan mate, get something as driver focused out the box as you can. I couldn't part with my mk2 after the work I have put in but sometimes wish I would have gone with something such as an mx5......I hope one is on your list, propper hoot to drive.

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
hate them, ugly, slow, over priced etc lol

might of narrowed it down to a few cars, time to get car back to standard-y and sell bits to get ready now :D

:love:

Will be sad to see Dora stripped BUT I know you'll end up with something sweet to make up for it :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Mr2 = Rot!

I like your plan mate, get something as driver focused out the box as you can. I couldn't part with my mk2 after the work I have put in but sometimes wish I would have gone with something such as an mx5......I hope one is on your list, propper hoot to drive.

Best mates got one, on ITB's :love:

Thing is they are amazing handling cars, but do nothing for me, wouldn't mind one, but have some others on the list.

:love:

Will be sad to see Dora stripped BUT I know you'll end up with something sweet to make up for it :D

Will still be my workhorse, as she is amazing for that. :D

Kinda being vague, as I don't like saying things until they are finalised lol.
Also the fact I haven't 100% decided on what I want, all I know it will be fun, get my love for driving back, be used maybe once a week to work on friday (half day fridays), used on trackdays with friends, and taken to the nurburgring next year. :D

Watch this space

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Will still be my workhorse, as she is amazing for that. :D

Kinda being vague, as I don't like saying things until they are finalised lol.
Also the fact I haven't 100% decided on what I want, all I know it will be fun, get my love for driving back, be used maybe once a week to work on friday (half day fridays), used on trackdays with friends, and taken to the nurburgring next year. :D

Watch this space

Yeah the bora is good for that, but isn't the most fun to drive lol.

I'm getting a list together for what I want as my next car when my insurance drops (hopefully) lol

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
what you thinking next? (text ;) )

I am narrowing some things down, and tbh I might be able to afford it earlier...weirdly ;)

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
lol, yes arun, I won't copy you ;) lol

I am literally counting down the days, gonna be like 4ish months before I get it, but can't wait :love:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
not unless you throw ALOT of cash at them Jordan, I could get a 200sx, FMIC, boost controller and chip the ECU = ~300bhp, now that is bang for buck ;)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Yeah 200sx's can be got cheap, and I have 3 best mates who have had them before, so can help me mod them etc.

Not sure if insurance will like it though lol, need to ring around :)

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
200SX is the car of choice for cheap power kicks, looking at them myself. If you can find one old enough you can stick it on a classic policy with limited mileage. So you'd be looking at pre 1996.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.