Smee's mk2 Seat Leon Cupra

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
well i have never noticed it in 9 months of owner ship. no oil on floor. jacked car up and noticed the gear box was covered all over.

seat think its coming from the engine top right side (near battery) and running down teh gearbox. apparently been doing it for a while but i havent lost hardly any oil. probably half a dipstick in 9months and 6k miles.

:S

the ride on the Eibach Springs are better than the standard springs. you feel the bigger bumps but i felt the little things like man hole covers teh car glides better over these now. the springs seem progressive

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
well i have never noticed it in 9 months of owner ship. no oil on floor. jacked car up and noticed the gear box was covered all over.

seat think its coming from the engine top right side (near battery) and running down teh gearbox. apparently been doing it for a while but i havent lost hardly any oil. probably half a dipstick in 9months and 6k miles.

:S

the ride on the Eibach Springs are better than the standard springs. you feel the bigger bumps but i felt the little things like man hole covers teh car glides better over these now. the springs seem progressive

Hope you get it sorted mate :(

Sounds good to me, the ride height just looks lush!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Toying of the Idea of an all black theme for my car. what do you guys think? (Grey wheels to match the rear bumper insert)

allblack.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Yoo I'll get some pics up but basically today saw my HPFP seal replaced. Forge quick shifter (thrower not side to side) and my full tbe exhaust.

I'll check the seal tomorrow but should be good now

The forge shifter I have to say I wasn't to sure what to expect with with this but I have to say this might be my fav mod. The gear Shane's are so easy to slot it. A must have mod for me on all cars going forward. Travel is right on (not on shortest setting) and it feels smoother aswell.

The exhaust well. Not really had a chance to utilise it yet as I found out late last night I need a doggone insert to bat damage the down pipe. So no driving in anger yet. That said it sounds awesome. From outside it's pretty loud but no drone what do ever an the sound in chat is sweet. Ill get some vids up and pics tomorrow. Was dark and I needed beer tonight :)

Nov 15, 2011
looks good i got a load of sheet metal at home so this is my plan for next fewdays.

Thanks for the idea smee.

you going to AMD on 4th march?

We can test see's who is working better?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
you still for the engine cover on??? if not i can send you the dimensions for the cardboard one above which i believe wont fit with engine cover

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2011
No i removed my engine cover due to p-flo, so will have basically same cars on the dyno only difference really engine wise is the intake sheild.

I will make my own, see which design works more efficentley.

Makes the day just that bit more interesting?

(runs off to research all the info possible)

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
PM your email ill send what i have so far although its not quite right and i got it from another member on here :) just tweaking it for my needs :)

Nov 15, 2011
I was thinking of makin a template out of some object like fibreglass then create a carbon skin using resin and carbon twill and then wrapping it around the fibreglass, then cut it in half and join it together to make a sort of carbon fibre intake/heat shield.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
yea that would work. i had thought about that same but the template would have to be a good fit and made of something durable for teh fibreglass otherwise it would melt it. i tried something like this years ago using Styrofoam. had potential but would need to wrap it first. :)

Nov 15, 2011
yeah it is going to be difficult but ill find a way may just do it in alli plate and weld the box together then make a huge intake which when doubled with fmic will suck all the ar it needs.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
OK my next update as promised.

first up i have added my Jabba stickers to the rear window

jabba1.jpg

jabba2.jpg

then i decides to get my my exhausts fitted and gave the car a bit of a clean :D so heres my Blueflame exhaust

front.jpg

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

then my SCN Stickers turned up so here is the first one being used :)

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Then i decided i had enough of kicking my Side Sills and the Seat Protectors are just stupidly expensive.

so i got my hands on some carbon vynal and made the following

s1.jpg

i have the dimensions if some one else wants them

decided id fit the rears first.

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

then whacked in the fronts

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

then to use my 2nd and 3rd SCN stickers

s6.jpg

s7.jpg

s8.jpg

s9.jpg

all in all i am a happy man thus far, waiting for a few extra bits to turn up so progress with the next part :)

let me know what you think

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Looking very good there mate. Protectors also look the part. Will get hold of you for the dimensions for sure.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.