Smee's mk2 Seat Leon Cupra

Dazyid71

thanks for the reply anyway have to let us know the difference to handling the springs make

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ok new update!!!

personal plate is now on the car (well has been for some time now) and also now been lowered on Sportlines

P1010260.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010262.jpg

P1010263.jpg

P1010266.jpg

really like the sport lines. you feel the bigger bumps a lot more that the standard cupra springs but it seems to handle the mondain drain covers so much more smoother :) i like that stance for not a big drop it looks so much better

before
P1010141.jpg

P1010262.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
First up big thanks to jabba for there hospitality. Managed to catch up on all the tv I needed to using the Internet connection and also managed to get some work done also :)

Cambelt was first on the list for the day. 4 years old and mine was showing some wear and tear so was glad I swapped it.

Next up they rolled it in to the rollers and the mapping started. Below is the result running on 95 Ron as bp had no ultimate although I was nearly out and now has a nice full tank

44f02fb2.png

Kev did a cracking job drive like a whole new animal driving sensibly I got 37 mpg on my normal trip that had seen usually 36. That said when I plant and today ave mpg is 15 :) its awesome. Real smooth pickup and rapid as. Kev thinks once the crap stuff is though the system it will see 295 - 300 bhp

Lee

Umar

Hi mate, cars luks realy gud, loving the standard cupra wheels. i recently bot and had put on a set of 18" BBS CH in black. anyway i wantd to ask you a quick question. which eibach springs did u use and how much did u lower the car by, how mm?? thanks mate

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ok so havent update for a while but thats because not a lot changed other than my personal situation. moved to Norwich city centre and hardly use the car now.

That said it has given me time to decide on what next so heres what i got.

first Forge Short Shifter

P1050575.jpg

Then this beauty

P1050576.jpg

P1050578.jpg

P1050579.jpg

P1050580.jpg

Tip still looking spot on :)
P1050581.jpg

Down Pipe

P1050584.jpg

Picture of the weak welds on the down pipe all still looking good.
P1050583.jpg

P1050582.jpg

just need to get it fitted.

big thanks to Adam Cupra again he was awesome with the million texts and even the Video runs i asked him to complete.

if any one wants a copy of what a Blueflame sounds like let me know as i have a few now :)

next update when installed

lee

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Lee, stick the videos on here mate :) As I'm very undecided as to what exhaust to get :)

Will you be fitting the short shifter? Looking at those aswell but the Forge instructions seem very complicated!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Lee, stick the videos on here mate :) As I'm very undecided as to what exhaust to get :)

Will you be fitting the short shifter? Looking at those aswell but the Forge instructions seem very complicated!

ill get my mate to fit it when he does the exhaust. just waiting for the date to take it down :)

lee

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
cheers. just need to get this Oil Leak fixed and then i can move on with getting the exhaust fitted and what other plans i decide. probably some engine mounts next although some one on MK5 GTI told me to remove mine and fill the gaps in the rubber with Silicon does just a good a job apparently.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
cheers. just need to get this Oil Leak fixed and then i can move on with getting the exhaust fitted and what other plans i decide. probably some engine mounts next although some one on MK5 GTI told me to remove mine and fill the gaps in the rubber with Silicon does just a good a job apparently.

Is the oil leak bad???

Does the ride feel better since it's been lowered?

My FR had 17" wheels and the ride quality was horrible, but my cupra has 18" alloys and it is better :confused:. I know it has a better suspension, but thought 18" wheels would have been worse?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members