SEAT Ibiza Mk5 - April Fool (admit it, we got you good)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Taken directly from a spainish media site (translated through babelfish) , we're got what looks like a world exclusive on the first official image of the 2008 Mk5 SEAT Ibiza

The contrasting design means that it's not a mini Leon as has been feared by many fans who desire a 'fresh' look for the new Ibiza

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I guess it's radically different to the outgoing model

Should have some more details soon

G!zmond0

It's a piece of s.it if you ask me.If that is how the new cupra will look i am through with seat.:runaway:
Incrediblle junk, laughing stock

T. Spark

What I orginally posted so people can laugh at me in future months..

Sleepy T. Spark said:
Thats some what upsetting after the concept

The technology mentioned is all very impressive... a 1.0TDi with 130bhp will be great, esp if you can wire up a .6 litre petrol engine running 100bhp to run at the same time.. 230bhp 1.6 litre Little remap here and wham 250bhp+

Shame it looks like a Roomster/Fabia however.. might not look like a mini leon, however making it look like a skoda might not have been the direction most of us wanted!

Like the Leon, I will wait for sporty versions to be shown before making my mind up however

Har Har

Last edited by a moderator:
mixed views - don't like the style of it at all - what's the point of the concept if it looks nothing like it? if it's true about the Ecomotive having the "outline" of the concept why just do it for one and not the others in the range??

although if it's true about the 2.0 litre engine, faux leather seats and the cupra maybe being out in October all sounds good.

Just now praying the cupra doesn't look anything like this otherwise it really will be a big big disappointment :(

is there any chance this photo has been photochopped with the skoda and is just a bad rumour??

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
mixed views - don't like the style of it at all - what's the point of the concept if it looks nothing like it? if it's true about the Ecomotive having the "outline" of the concept why just do it for one and not the others in the range??

although if it's true about the 2.0 litre engine, faux leather seats and the cupra maybe being out in October all sounds good.

Just now praying the cupra doesn't look anything like this otherwise it really will be a big big disappointment :(

is there any chance this photo has been photochopped with the skoda and is just a bad rumour??

:whistle: Hee Hee

I guess it's radically different to the outgoing model

Should have some more details soon

Before or after noon?

Last edited:

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
At last, somebody spotted the April Fools Joke!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have thought the "Focal Objective Operating Limit System" would have given it away.

Focal Objective Operating Limit System could be shortened to F.O.O.L.S. i guess

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
The Cupra is rumored to be the range topping car that we are all expecting it to be, with a new 2.0 litre PD190 engine, complete with AWD taken from the yet to be released Audi A1 platform. This could be a strong hint that SEAT will be entering the World Rally Championship in 2009, when the rules change to allow S2000D cars to compete on an equal footing.
AWD? babblefish must be on the blink.should it not read
complete with AWD taken from the yet to be released Audi A1 platform. (not for the UK market)
looks a bit like that skoda roomster,which is not a good start IMHO

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Blimey, you had me going there until I remembered the date! :lol:

Nice one.

Focal Objective Operating Limit System indeed!!