Robbie C's Ibiza Cupra

Emz

Nov 24, 2008
Swindon
Looking good so far dudeeee!! I love this car! Can't believe them pics from Xmas '08.. The Arosa looks so different now lol!

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
keep us posted m8 let me kno how the intercooler goes, id never get a pile of parts like that for my car and keep them aside like u did but as soon as i buy stuff it has 2 be fitted asap lol, by the way where did u get the diff from and how much was it?

jamiebennett81

what is the spec of the Turbo Dynamics MD445 Hybrid K03S then?

i.e. what does the MD445 stand for (is it the typical RS6 internals, 360 thrust bearing etc?)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Thanks for all the comments :D

keep us posted m8 let me kno how the intercooler goes, id never get a pile of parts like that for my car and keep them aside like u did but as soon as i buy stuff it has 2 be fitted asap lol, by the way where did u get the diff from and how much was it?

Yeah will do mate - my Pro Alloy Core should be done within the next 1-2 weeks and I'm using a universal pipework kit like Danny's now so I can do all the work in my garage rather than have to trailer it off somewhere for a week for the sake of a few welds. Thanks again for all your patience and help in getting these core and end tank measurements for me - massive massive help!

It's been frustrating having to wait a few months while I've got all the bits together but I'd rather do it all in one hit. I bought the diff from F2 Stu, still brand new :) Theres a couple of traders on here that sell them though (Backdraft and Jabba?) There's a bit of controversy over the diff bolts of these snapping but it seems to only happen when the crown wheel isn't ground flat when fitted and the bolts aren't torqued correctly. With the way the exchange rate is now it's not much more to get a Quaife which is meant to be identical, I just got this as it was going cheaper than RRP

what is the spec of the Turbo Dynamics MD445 Hybrid K03S then?

i.e. what does the MD445 stand for (is it the typical RS6 internals, 360 thrust bearing etc?)

Jamie the full spec is detailed towards the bottom of post #1 :) It uses one wheel size smaller than the RS6 assembly. I spoke to both Turbo Dynamics and Mark at CR Turbos about each spec as well as Bill and the general consensus was it should still flow enough for 280 BHP figures with the right accompanying mods which I have.

Mark at CR seemed to think the only reason they use the RS6 assembly is because they get them at a good price and customers simply demand the biggest wheels possible. Bit of a gamble perhaps but got to be in it to win it - I didn't see the point of selling it just to buy a CR unit anyway, even Mark talked me out of the idea and I can't praise his customer service highly enough.

I've not seen any RR results for one of these turbos before with the mods I'll be running. Mikey KC is running the same turbo and guessed it to be 270 BHP when still using a restrictive exhaust and FMIC so it's anyone's guess at the moment. I'm hoping a combination of a good FMIC setup and WMI will allow me to squeeze a few ponies out by advancing the ignition timing but that remains to be seen when it's mapped.

Just finished another night on the car getting the engine mounts replaced - I'll post up pics and a write-up shortly :)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Day 2

Not a massive update tonight but swapped over my OE engine mounts for a full set of Vibra-Technics, race front and fast-road gear box and rear. This should prevent the downpipe from excessive flex under boost and and also give me a bit more traction over the front wheels.

New mounts:
P1000436.jpg

Front mounts compared:
P1000437.jpg

Front mount fitted (still needs some minor adjustment):
P1000441.jpg

Gearbox mounts compared:
P1000440.jpg

Gearbox mount fitted:
P1000442.jpg

Rear mounts compared:
P1000445.jpg

The rear mount would have been 10x harder if the turbo and downpipe had still been fitted so this made life much easier.

Here's a bracket that needed removing to get to it (also had to remove a heatshield too):
P1000444.jpg

Old vs new fitted:
P1000443.jpg

P1000447.jpg

That's it for today - we'll probably make a start on my gauges Wednesday while I'm still waiting on various bits and pieces to turn up.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Just on a quick side-note, a sneaky peak of my mate's Corsa B "1.4" sleeper ;) Often sniggered at until you see/hear it on WOT

P1000434.jpg

P1000435.jpg

He's the good friend helping me with a vast majority of the spanner work

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Just a few more recent pics, taken at Brands Hatch on 28th Jan 09. Considering how wet it was it drove very well (Uniroyal Rainsport 2's ftw):

XSP_0013.jpg

XSP_0014.jpg

XSP_0041.jpg

XSP_0073.jpg

XSP_0078.jpg

XSP_0310.jpg

XSP_0358.jpg

_DSC0060.jpg

_DSC0157.jpg

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
He whacked a 2.0 red top in for a laugh one weekend and hasn't looked back since. Looking like it does it catches a lot of people out :)

jamiebennett81

Jamie the full spec is detailed towards the bottom of post #1 :) It uses one wheel size smaller than the RS6 assembly. I spoke to both Turbo Dynamics and Mark at CR Turbos about each spec as well as Bill and the general consensus was it should still flow enough for 280 BHP figures with the right accompanying mods which I have.

Mark at CR seemed to think the only reason they use the RS6 assembly is because they get them at a good price and customers simply demand the biggest wheels possible. Bit of a gamble perhaps but got to be in it to win it - I didn't see the point of selling it just to buy a CR unit anyway, even Mark talked me out of the idea and I can't praise his customer service highly enough.

I've not seen any RR results for one of these turbos before with the mods I'll be running. Mikey KC is running the same turbo and guessed it to be 270 BHP when still using a restrictive exhaust and FMIC so it's anyone's guess at the moment. I'm hoping a combination of a good FMIC setup and WMI will allow me to squeeze a few ponies out by advancing the ignition timing but that remains to be seen when it's mapped.

should see some decent figures then from that spec

interesting to see the standard k03 and hybrid k03 side by side, quite a significant difference between the two, especially the inlet and housing

May 2, 2006
good thread, will be reading this with interest

should have got your hybrid "unsilenced" though :)

keep up the good work

EDIT - looking at the track piccies, looks like you really need spacers on the rear

jamiebennett81

good thread, will be reading this with interest

should have got your hybrid "unsilenced" though :)

keep up the good work

EDIT - looking at the track piccies, looks like you really need spacers on the rear

whats the difference with it being unsilenced....just louder?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.