random warning light and lumpy acceleration - can anyone help???

peter_etheridge

Hi

I have a 2001 1.9 TDi Toledo - only had it for a couple of months and there are a couple of problems i'm hoping someone can help to diagnose please!

1. A random warning light came on yesterday, which isn't listed in the owners manual. The manual is obviously slanted towards the petrol automatic, so i don't know if it's something that is specific to the diesel/manual model. Anyway, it's a yellow flashing light which looks kind of like a spring one its side. Any ideas?

2. Secondly, every so often i'm experiencing lumpy/jerky acceleration - especially in 3rd and 4th gears. The car kind of jolts a few times and if i either ease of the accelerator or put my foot down a bit it goes away. I'm wondering if it could be the spark plugs or dirty injectors maybe. Has anyone else had the same thing?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me

Pete

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
well it's a glow plug warning not the first thing to think of but check your rear/brake lights first the lumpy "bit" could be a sticky turbo really nead an engine code but someone else should be along soon to help has the fuel and air filter been changed lately?

peter_etheridge

Thanks for the reply Nic. The glowplug warning light has now stopped flashing. Does this mean i can carry on in blissful ignorance or is it something i really ought to sort out?

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
well check the brake lamps anyway it could be the bulbs or switches are unreliable but cheap and easy to replace, if not it could be a glow fault - does it start OK in the cold? and really needs a Vag-Con session best not to live with it too long

peter_etheridge

Hmmm - it is a bit of a reluctant starter in the cold yeah.