oil leak?

pg glasgow

Feb 17, 2007
think i might have an oil leak but it seems to be coming from round about the rear near side wheel thought this a strange place to get a leak any ideas what it could be?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
have you got any pictures or a more pecific place where the oil is? tyre inside of alloy round the brakes ect ect sound like a leaking suspension shock absorber tho

pg glasgow

Feb 17, 2007
my car was in getting lowering springs today and asked the guys to have a quick look they didnt see anything said it looked fine no oil when it was up on the ramp for an afternoon. supose it could have been someone parked in my space before me but ill be keeping a close eye on it.
thanks for your concern though rash!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
oh if it was just on the floor next to your car you could be safe and if the mechanics doing your springs didnt spot it then im sure itl be fine :D

what springs you putting on?

pg glasgow

Feb 17, 2007
got 30mm eibachs didnt want to go down the coilover route, looks great but after driving my old lowerd 206 for two years and cringing every time i saw a pothole i thought id play it safe and not go too low.
pleased with the slight improvement in handling,i got rear spacers fitted too so think that helped along with the suspension. the ride comforts not realy changed that much so happy about that.
i must admit id like the rear to be lower though i knew it wasnt going to match the front coz of the standard 20 or so mm difference but i like the front.could i change the rear springs for something else that would go that 20mm lower?would this mean having to buy 4 new springs just to get the 2 rears?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
if you wanteditlower coilovers was your choice if you didnt want it to low dont adjust ittoo low then :shrug: ive never seen seperate springs for sale but im sure theyre out there in pairs (front/back) as if you change 1 side the other needs changing too :)

pg glasgow

Feb 17, 2007
yeah i know what you mean should have just got them in the first place ill have a look for some rear springs probably end up getting the coilys in a few months and kick myself very hard as i hand over the hard earned cash.
aah the joys of modifying our cars!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise