Mat's Mk3 Beeza

Mat

nah! always liked black cars! will never have another colour! only black! (although red is starting to look good ;))

Black FTW!

******* to keep clean, and shows scratches like you wouldn't believe! Look good when they're clean and shiney tho :D

Mat

I was looking at the 1.9 TDi FR (influence by T. Spark)

would love a Mk3 Cupra, but insurance quote was like 1,700! WTF. There's a lad near me who must only be 19 and he has a cupra? how the **** can he afford insurance? Has another car aswell!

Think I'm gonna save for a Mk3 Cupra (always liked them. Think the Mk3 is the best lookin one of the lot! More aggresive looking than the Mk4s ;))

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Insurance cant be that bad for you mat can it!! You aint much younger than me so dont know why your gettin quotes of that ammount. I was only payin £1300 with 2yrs ncb and 9 points, im down to £486 with 3yrs ncb and no points

Mat

FFS!

I got a quote on a Mk4 FR for the same I'm paying now (maybe a few quid a month more)

anyway, guess i'll save, pay the rest off on this car, then look for a decent Mk3 cupra! Which by the time I can afford one, there wont be any good ens left! Will no doubt all have high mileage, and not be worth tuning!

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Insurance cant be that bad for you mat can it!! You aint much younger than me so dont know why your gettin quotes of that ammount. I was only payin £1300 with 2yrs ncb and 9 points, im down to £486 with 3yrs ncb and no points

:-o how on earth do you get it so cheap!!!! farking hell!

i pay £680 fully comp 2 yrs NCB, no points, parked in a locked garage over night.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent

i pay £680 fully comp 2 yrs NCB, no points, parked in a locked garage over night. and im 21!

Mat

that's what i said to woman who gave me the quote. and she said "more than likely"

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com

i pay £680 fully comp 2 yrs NCB, no points, parked in a locked garage over night. and im 21!

Sky Insurance is how lol

Obviously im fully comp with all mods declared. In my experience with insurance Sky are the cheapest with Greenlight in second place lol (all be it £200 more)

Mat

First proper clean of the year

100_0443.jpg

100_0450.jpg

100_0449.jpg

Well, i say "proper", was interrupted by rain

Mat

some guy was sellin them near me, he got them as a spare set when buying his punto (hence the Fiat badges :D)

Mat

Pre GTi Fest Clean

What an eventful 6 hours I've just had. Made a start at 9am by cleaning the interior. Instead of leaving it to dry, I got my mothers hair dryer on it :D

Just as I finish, rain. Two minutes later and it's stopped, so on to cleaning the outside. Rinse it, clean, halfway through, rain & sleet again. Anyway, I continued to wash the car in the rain :cartman: I'm sure my neighbours must think I'm wierd, my mum even laughed lol.

Stopped raining, gave it another clean over, and dried. Then on to polishing, unlike last time, I managed to polish it uninterrupted. Then applied a coat of wax after. Just in time too. What happened next? Rain

Gave up putting in the effort I planned to put in, so things like sills and pedals have gone unwashed :cry:

Didn't waste time when it was raining, used that time to check level, tyre pressure etc.

Anyway, here's a few pics from today

Copyof100_0454.jpg

Copyof100_0461.jpg

Copyof100_0464.jpg

Copyof100_0465.jpg

Storms a brewin
Copyof100_0467.jpg

Beaded nicely
Copyof100_0468.jpg

Glad I managed the wax. The part of the car now exposed to the sun has dried beatuifully (other than windows, didn't get chance to do them :()

Mat

Looks like it's middle of summer now. Bright, Sunny and warm. Neighbours kids out on scooters with ice creams etc. Think I'm gonna carry on cleaning now. Door Sills and another wipe over (no doubt will be some water spots :cry:

Chris3boro

Ibiza TDI 130 Sport
Jan 26, 2008
Richmond, North Yorkshire
looks really nice when its clean :) Black's a b**tard at times for showing scratches i gather.what size alloys r they n is it lowered? sorry if ive asked u before, but i can never remember with all these 1.4 s about now.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members