Ibiza Cupra MK4 "Big Brakes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUPRAcing

Hi guys,

I'm new here and from Luxemburg, so, sorry for my mistakes!:redface:

I own a Ibiza Cupra 2006 with the big brakes kit, and I was thinking about changing my alloys. I already used the "search" tool, but couldn't find anything..

I googled a lot, but nothing!! [:@]

So if anyone could help me, or even tell me if it's possible to change rims, I'd be thankfull..:confused:

Looking forward for an answer..

Cheers.. :happy:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
by big brake kit what do you mean mate Brembos of what?

ps.. don't worry about your english it's fine you probably speak the language better than most of us :D

CUPRAcing

Right! I thought they'd be Brembos, but they are AP Seat Sports!

The type of rims I was thinking to buy are the BORBET DESIGN FS, or the AEZ ICON X..

I read the "TüV", but they say that they would'nt fit with the AP Seat Sport Brakes!:cry:

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Yeah I think you'll need to source some hubcentric 10mm spacers. You may have to buy 15s and have them shaved down for the front.

CUPRAcing

Ad Lav, that's the problem..
If I don't use spacers, the rim touches the caliper. If I use spacers, the wheel comes out that far, that I can't lower the car :cry:

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Ah, I see...

You need to pick some different wheels then mate or get them machined/lathed maybe?

CUPRAcing

That's what it's all about! I went to different dealers, and we tried them directly on the car. All the wheels I tried did the same, either they touched the caliper or the body!:cry:

What do you mean with: Machined/Lathed? Sorry, don't know what it means..:(

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
An engineering company might be able to 'shave' some of the alloy off using a diamond cutter on the inside so it clears the brakes?

It's been done before...

CUPRAcing

Really? Never heart or seen that before? Could you send me a link or some pics?

What about the security of the wheels? Isn't it affected?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I read it in Golf+ or PVW, someone with merc rims on a Golf machined the inside of the rim down to fit over brakes, i'll try and dig out the magazine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise