seat-ibiza-recreacion-1.jpg

seat-ibiza-recreacion-2.jpg

pic.ashx

Not to bad i think

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
can't See many people buying one of them with a seat badge on it if you can get the Hyundai badged one with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty

maybe the seat FR or CUPRA will go, stop and handle better though ?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
can't See many people buying one of them with a seat badge on it if you can get the Hyundai badged one with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty

maybe the seat FR or CUPRA will go, stop and handle better though ?

it's not a joint deal, the magazine just photoshopped a hyundai press photo

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
That pic briano put up is what the next ibiza will look like cus the spy shots that autocar or express did recently looked identical to that. All i can say is yipppeeeee!!! cus that looks like a hyundai which means generally ugly lookin car:lol: Face it chaps, we've got the best lookin shape, specially when lowered decent allys:lol:

Poverty

That pic briano put up is what the next ibiza will look like cus the spy shots that autocar or express did recently looked identical to that. All i can say is yipppeeeee!!! cus that looks like a hyundai which means generally ugly lookin car:lol: Face it chaps, we've got the best lookin shape, specially when lowered decent allys:lol:

the spyshots that any of us have seen so far is innaccurate of what it will be. Wait for lehmann syndicate to work their magic ;)

And if they dont we will find out in march anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
Ok so i don't mean lights etc but the general shape will look like that and i'll bet there's only a five door to start.

Poverty

Alot of cars will be 5 door to start. No doubt the car will be more "podgy" looking but then all superminis are going that way due to regulations :(

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I've a horrible feeling those Photoshops are pretty accurate, based on the disguised spy shots we've seen. My main problem with it is the two conflicting swage lines which both sweep down in the centre of the car and make it look as if it is drooping and about to break in half.

Poverty

:wtf:Where have you heard this?:confused: My impressions are it's being placed on the PQ46 platform along with the PassatCC/SuperbII oh & of course the Passat B6!!!
:seatgod::seatgod::seatgod:

Well we have 3 conflicting sources then!

You heard its gonna be on the Passat CC/Superb 2 chassis
Another guy says its gonna be based on the A4 chassis
I say its gonna be based on the A4 chassis, but the old A4 at that.

Cant remember where I got it from as it was such a long time ago.

However we can do some deductions

The next toledo is going to be about the size of a A4, the passat and superb however are larger vehicles, and are getting larger still in the next incarnation. Therefore I doubt it will be riding the same chassis as the Passat CC etc.

Now both I and a SEAT employee have heard it will be sitting on a audi A4 chassis, and its the right size for it. Also at the time of it being developed SEAT was also positioned under and influenced by audi, just like how lamborghini still is. Therefore it would make sense that the next toledo would have audi dna in it. It also ties in with the rumours I have heard of the next ibiza (the sporty versions atleast) having a very similiar rear suspension setup to the upcoming audi A1 which is built to rival the handling qualities of the mini.

However there is no chance in hell that SEAT would get to use audi's latest A4 chassis wonder piece the MLP, and so fore we can deduct that most likely the next toledo will be sitting on a modified A4 chassis, which really is not all to bad.

But then again what do I know, this could very well all be wrong, the new VW ceo martin winterkorn has changed a few things lately!

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise