Fitting LCR fuel pump

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
I was told by JBS it was when i was looking into mapping my k04, being that the TT/S3 is 4 bar there's no reason why the LCR shouldn't be

LCR is the same as S3/TT but designed for cars without 4x4. LCR pump is not changed when going IHI where as LC pump is. Also thinking about it I thought that the normal Cupra pump was 4 bar not 3bar.

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
AUQ, AMK, BAM all use the 8L0919051H (4bar) pump, early type LC with APP, AJQ, ARY are all listed as a 1J0919087J (3bar) pump

**This is according to the info i have on ETKA**

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
benny i didnt read you had a lcr one. thats a direct fit

s3 one you just gotta block second pick up pipe off

robbiec...your pump aint genuine is it???

Result, Am i ok to fit it before i have it mapped and the turbo fitted? IE run it with my k03s and revo stg2?

Is that right that i have to swap the level sensors over? As its the first place ive read about it, is it just the black pedel 'thing' that needs swapping?

Cheers.

Carcrazy

Very very informative.

I am lucky to be here,i get so much to know and read about

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I dont think it is, as i assume that fits exactly the same as the mk2 ibiza i had mine out on my old valver and it was no trouble at all. I had a look under the rear bench yesterday and it looks exactly the same.

Im just a little unsure about rolys comment about the level sensor as i havent seen it mentioned before.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Im not sure mate, i dont know who would know the answer to that. Can't say i've heard anything about it before. All may become clear when your doing the swap though.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Well im going to fit it after work tommrow, im going to fit it first with the LCR sensor and see what the fuel gauge says and if need be ill whip it out again and swap them over.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Not hard to change the pump at all Benny. Exactly as you think it is. Shouldnt need to change the level sensor iirc thats only for pumps from S3/TT with the twin feeds etc as they read the level differently because of how the tank is.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Not hard to change the pump at all Benny. Exactly as you think it is. Shouldnt need to change the level sensor iirc thats only for pumps from S3/TT with the twin feeds etc as they read the level differently because of how the tank is.

Thats good to know. Are there any special removal tools needed to take the pump out mate?

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
I changed the level sender as the LCR one is shaped differently (the rod the float is attached to) so wasn't sure if it would work correctly, prob does but it's in there now so it's staying like it

Hooch

ETKA list's it as 4 bar but i've never actually checked the part number on one

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Proof would be in the pudding abit though hooch. Would need someone to try one at 320bhp plus levels to see if it can keep up to really see if its 4bar.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
As i thought the fuel pumps fits exactly the same as my old valver had it done in about 30minutes the rubber seal to the pump is a little fiderly but not hard, just need to check how accurate the level sensor is as i was just under the 1/4 mark before i fitted it but lost a little petrol while fitting and now the level light is on so need to fill up later to make sure its ok.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.