Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
quick update,

Iv replaced the MAF just to be safe as i was running some logs, and it seems like my max airflow was around 150-180 g/s (whatever it is) where it should be over 200 methinks...ran some logs and it managed to reach 200 :D got some more things to do to improve it however.

also just done the N249 bypass, however although it does feel smoother when i put the foot down full throttle, when i lift off around 2.5k revs the car jerks/stutters... hoses are fine and tight, im going to service the dumpvalve in hopes to sort this out.

iv also turned the timing up for the winter by 1.5degrees which will be a bit more punchy - ran some logs and there are no correction factors so its all good :D

i cleared out my oil catch can and OH MY GOD im so glad i have it, so much gunk came out of it that it was unbelievable...i recommend anyone to get one installed...

heres a quick pic of us draining the last few drops of sh!te out of it;
aa504.jpg

i do suspect a minor boost leak somewhere along my hosing as they arent too tight. so iv ordered some jubilee clips to sort it out.

last but not least, iv bought a set of autogauge boost gauges so will be getting them fitted when i receive them

Last edited:

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
alright wee man, quick note, there arent any correction factors due to the boost not hitting requested so im going to have to log for u again once you've tightened all your hoses.just for safety.remember as i said when putting your timing up that you should maybe run some octane booster just incase. also have you tightened all your hoses yet? get the d.v serviced and then logging time. also make sure you have a clamp put on your fpr. ;-)

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
alright wee man, quick note, there arent any correction factors due to the boost not hitting requested so im going to have to log for u again once you've tightened all your hoses.just for safety.remember as i said when putting your timing up that you should maybe run some octane booster just incase. also have you tightened all your hoses yet? get the d.v serviced and then logging time. also make sure you have a clamp put on your fpr. ;-)

yep iv tightened up all the hoses in my engine bay, put jubilee clips over all of the catch can hoses and the fpr hose. serviced the dumpvalve too. it still stutters, going to unbypass it after i get my exhaust done in hopes of eliminating the problem area.

while we were sorting that out, we managed to fit the boost gauge and volt gauge;
20344_105909676093104_100000222161413_149699_2801044_n.jpg

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
cheers lodgey.

well i dont know, theres not much difference performance-wise. im holding the same boost as i was with the bypass, so for the sake of the annoying stutter when changing at around 2.5k revs, and the loss of the tshh noise my dv makes, i thought i might as well change it back.

LCR-Luke

and one for the honda boys;
3829613622a11260401932l.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this from mate? Wouldn't mind one myself! :)

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
First car ive ever heard of not liking the N249 bypass. but your running an a different DV so maybe this is why yours is reacting like it was .

but if it works for you now keep it that way

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
my mate made that up for me, he charges £10 a pop delivered if your interested.

iv had my share of hondas revving up next to me lol!

i did run a search, and there are a few people with the same bypass issue. its alright now, just working on my suspension set up next before going hybrid :D

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
where did you find others with problem?

i couldnt find any,

but like you say its fine now so keep it how it is.

im not saying any 1 should or need to do the bypass

What plans for the suspension you got ?