drivers window motor knackered! removal looks tricky!

vetec

i have a problem with my ibiza window motor ,i,ve fitted new switches already and when you try to get the window up or down you can hear the relay on the motor clicking on and off .i guess i need a motor.i tried removing it tonight but ended up putting it back together as it looked tricky!anyone done one on their car?:confused:

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
did my own a while ago, yes it's a bit tricky at first but just be patient and look carefully how it all goes together and you'll be fine!

You don't have to take the rails out to do it.

Take a picture with your phone of the back of the motor to locate all the bolts holding it in. Take them out then there are a few holding it in round the front then it should slide out. You will need to pop off the wire and make it sure it doesn't unravel. Put the new one in putting the reel of wire back on and bolt it back up.

I'm sure I did a more detailed description somewhere. I might even circle all the bolts as I'm sure I still have my picture somewhere.

DSC00221.jpg

All the gold bolts need to come out ;)

vetec

thats been a big help,and now i can get a motor on its own from ebay which saves buying the lot making it loads cheaper!thanks m8:coolthumb

Feb 25, 2007
stroud
once the door card is removed it's straight forward mate buy the complete unit from TPS it,s worth it in the long run

Motoko

once the door card is removed it's straight forward mate buy the complete unit from TPS it,s worth it in the long run

how much did you pay for the complete kit? I got a quote of 125 for a new motor, I tried emailing TPS but I havn't got a reply yet ...

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
the cable snapped on my old cupra so close to £150 later it was fixed, sold the car....

got new cupra, few months later, and im in the same situation, pissed off!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.