Cupra R rear conversion complete in white ! PICS

Umar

Your rite mate. I used to have an audi a3 before my FR and i got to know a couple of the lads at my local audi garage. So i ges it comes down to who u knw!! lol

Anyway if you guys dont mind me asking, IF i cant get the diffuser onto the back of a btcc bumper (even if i try to make my own!!!) which bumper wud u go for?? The BTCC rear bumper OR the Cupra R DIFFUSER??

Im in 2 minds, girlfriend loves the BTCC bumper but its way more common than the diffuser.

Im torn :cry:

Recently bot some 18" BBS CH rims in black, and also the BTCC spoiler.

Need to get some pics sorted and learn how to upload em on to the site!!! LOL

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Your rite mate. I used to have an audi a3 before my FR and i got to know a couple of the lads at my local audi garage. So i ges it comes down to who u knw!! lol

Anyway if you guys dont mind me asking, IF i cant get the diffuser onto the back of a btcc bumper (even if i try to make my own!!!) which bumper wud u go for?? The BTCC rear bumper OR the Cupra R DIFFUSER??

Im in 2 minds, girlfriend loves the BTCC bumper but its way more common than the diffuser.

Im torn :cry:

Recently bot some 18" BBS CH rims in black, and also the BTCC spoiler.

Need to get some pics sorted and learn how to upload em on to the site!!! LOL

Nice rims, you need 15 posts to be able to stick in pics and you need to do them through a different site like PhotoBucket.

In terms of bumper, im a little biased :)

23112010171.jpg
[/IMG]

Umar

Your car looks well SEXY!! i see u dint paint the whole plastic apron, just the diffuser itself. Does it make much of a difference?? Im gesing by not painting the apron it allows the diffuser to stand out more.

Still i got to say well done mate. luks realy realy realy gud

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
yeah i was in two minds about painting the apron, but if it was all the same colour your right the diffuser wouldnt stand out as much, and as its only a FR not a cupra i dont have gloss black B-Pillars etc. so it sort of all matches to some varying degree, i imagine if it was the cupra i might have had it sprayed gloss black, but then would that be too much?

Umar

Well thinking abt it, geting it all sprayed gloss black does sound a bit ova the top but iv actualy seen one thats completely black, im sure it was an FR, and it was raining so it had rain drops all ova and it looked great LOL hahaha sounds a bit naughty doesnt it!?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
forget to say if you were going for rarity and wanted a btcc bumper you could always stick the K1 centre exhuast on ya FR, have only ever seen one in my life and it was on a yellow FR550

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
see now this bit i cant answer, mine was dealer fitted when i bought the car new so it was part of the price, not individually done you see. All i know is I have the full Btcc kit on everywhere else and had this instead of the rear btcc bumper for no extra price if that makes sense.

A man who should be able to give you a price is Gary@Cookies (on here)

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
I ordered the Cupra R last week, the 2012 brochure says "central exit twin exhaust". I was also a little worried when I went to the spec my seat page and saw the oval exhaust. The guy at seat assured me that it is still twin exhaust on the UK spec, along with the extended roof spoiler.

Thanks for this. Good news. :D

Umar

I wouldnt just put an exhaust sytem on without its propa bumper. In my eyes it wouldnt look ryt.

I think it'll just be the diffuser for now.

Oh well, myt take my front fr bumber off and put the btcc one on instead.

But i always liked the fr bumper lol. im a confused soul lol

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi mate, there woudlnt be any point in asking seat uk as i asked one of the local seat dealers and they said 'we dont recomend you changing anything on the car at all unless its a genuine seat part for the shape and model!!'

for example FR bumper for FR, Cupra bumper for the Cupra.

I remember when i called and i said to the guy 'ye fair enuf, i see where your coming from as a company' BUT 'will the part fit' and his response was again the same malarchy he gave me before!!

Im asking them if the MY12 comes with centre exhaust or not ;) nothing about fitting different parts to different models, i certainly dont need to ask them that i know what fits what...

Question has been sent direct to a person aswell not in the generic inbox.. Has benefits when you know the Head of PR for Seat UK and the Head of Seat UK ;)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Mike!!!! Meant to ask was that you at the Awesome GTI open day that parked across from me on the car park, mines the red one with yellow "S" Badge

im guessing it was because i saw no UK Tax disc and i saw a German Autobahn Tax sticker

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Andrew, you were at Awesome Bash? Not with SCN i take it then, actually i think i saw your car in the other car park bit?

And the wind deflectors are Heko, ebay it i guess :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.