Cupra R rear conversion complete in white ! PICS

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
There goes the major, IMO, reason to go for an 'R' over the standard Cupra.

Just what I was thinking. I know there was little between the two to begin with but at least it had a different rear visual. Now the Cupra has gone they are just makng the R (even more so) what the Cupra should have been. No doubt axing the diffuser will save them some money too.

A shame really, I really like the twin exit and peoples retro-fits (as above) look spot on.

Here's the pics:

2b45sn.jpg

200w4s0.jpg

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Just what I was thinking. I know there was little between the two to begin with but at least it had a different rear visual. Now the Cupra has gone they are just makng the R (even more so) what the Cupra should have been. No doubt axing the diffuser will save them some money too.

A shame really, I really like the twin exit and peoples retro-fits (as above) look spot on.

Here's the pics:

2b45sn.jpg

200w4s0.jpg

Atleast it looks lower, instead of being like a bus

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Can't see too well as I'm on my phone but has the rear roof spoiler shrunk? Looks just like the standard one on my FR.

M600RKC

Mar 12, 2010
fraserburgh
sorry to say but i dont think it looks right all painted white,i dont think it would have been so bad if the top part was white and the diffuser was black, but everybodys tastes are different and a bloody good job they are as it would be a boring place.

Nov 28, 2006
I think you'll find that the Cupra R being talked about above is the European spec, the UK spec has the rear diffuser etc

All the images on the SEAT UK site are the same showing a single oval exhaust. If you try the spec my car feature the spec even says single oval exhaust.

Umar

Hi guys, im a newbie! anyway andyccr, that conversion looks great, wud hav sprayed the diffuser black tho personaly but we all hav our own tastes.

I was just wondering...iv spent many hours going thru these forums and no one has tried to mount the diffuser onto a btcc/k1 bumper?? Now is that becos it cant be done or is it the fact that no one wants to cut up the btcc/k1 bumper and attatch the diffuser?? Its something im considering doing. but wantd to see if anyone else had attempted it.

If theres an exhisting post on it, then could someone point me in the rite direction.

Thanks guys!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
While you are at it, ask them if the winged diffuser with the left hand oval can be made available in the UK ;)

Gareth 265 R

Aug 4, 2011
Harrogate
I ordered the Cupra R last week, the 2012 brochure says "central exit twin exhaust". I was also a little worried when I went to the spec my seat page and saw the oval exhaust. The guy at seat assured me that it is still twin exhaust on the UK spec, along with the extended roof spoiler.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Hi guys, im a newbie! anyway andyccr, that conversion looks great, wud hav sprayed the diffuser black tho personaly but we all hav our own tastes.

I was just wondering...iv spent many hours going thru these forums and no one has tried to mount the diffuser onto a btcc/k1 bumper?? Now is that becos it cant be done or is it the fact that no one wants to cut up the btcc/k1 bumper and attatch the diffuser?? Its something im considering doing. but wantd to see if anyone else had attempted it.

If theres an exhisting post on it, then could someone point me in the rite direction.

Thanks guys!

in answer to your question, i tried and failed, the rear diffuser will not fit with a rear Btcc bumper, so its one or the other im afraid

Umar

Do u know why it wudnt fit? Bcos wen i spoke to dave at sere, he told me its not impossible. With an FR u take off the plasticy apron from the middle of the rear bumper and thats where the diffuser goes into place.

Now becos u cant remove this section on the btcc bumper as it is one whole bumper, i thot maybe you could get it cut into shape from the middle and then get the diffuser stuck on??

Umar

Ive put the Question to Seat UK head of PR.. Awaiting Response

Sent from my Litening ROM powered Samsung Galaxy S2

Hi mate, there woudlnt be any point in asking seat uk as i asked one of the local seat dealers and they said 'we dont recomend you changing anything on the car at all unless its a genuine seat part for the shape and model!!'

for example FR bumper for FR, Cupra bumper for the Cupra.

I remember when i called and i said to the guy 'ye fair enuf, i see where your coming from as a company' BUT 'will the part fit' and his response was again the same malarchy he gave me before!!

StealthInspired

Apr 18, 2011
UK
Hi mate, there woudlnt be any point in asking seat uk as i asked one of the local seat dealers and they said 'we dont recomend you changing anything on the car at all unless its a genuine seat part for the shape and model!!'

for example FR bumper for FR, Cupra bumper for the Cupra.

I remember when i called and i said to the guy 'ye fair enuf, i see where your coming from as a company' BUT 'will the part fit' and his response was again the same malarchy he gave me before!!

You'll find this comes down to the view of the individual person that you spoke to.

For example, I virtually know my local SEAT Dealer Parts Department staff on first name terms (sad i know), as I'm often going in there and ordering different parts for my FR, that might perhaps have come off a Cupra.

They simply confirm it will be a direct fit replacement, and are more than happy to order the items in.

But as you say, central SEAT UK might be a little more reserved and not advise such practices (even though WE know it might fit fine).

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Do u know why it wudnt fit? Bcos wen i spoke to dave at sere, he told me its not impossible. With an FR u take off the plasticy apron from the middle of the rear bumper and thats where the diffuser goes into place.

Now becos u cant remove this section on the btcc bumper as it is one whole bumper, i thot maybe you could get it cut into shape from the middle and then get the diffuser stuck on??

You can take a hack saw to anything you like, but unfortunatley as the diffuser is bonded to that plasticy apron bit, without it being there it wouldnt fit. It is possible i suppose if you take a btcc, chop it up and put the apron in and then attach the diffuser, but its a lot of work and you would probably need some bespoke trims to cover up the gaps at the side of the apron.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise