could this be the FR/Cupra?

Could this be the FR/Cupra replacement?

• Total voters

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Hi all! Was browsing the Seat.com website and came across this single image...Seat has not posted it anywhere else! Could this be a hint of what the FR/Cupra model will look like? :-o

newibiza.jpg

Please leave comments & post your vote. Hope you all enjoy! :clap:

NickyJam

Last edited:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i'm still not very convinced about the new Ibiza...something about it that (imo) doesn't make it striking. I think that the replacement for this one (in 4/5 yrs) will look a lot better. Can't wait to see this car in the flesh though, can never judge by photos.

EenyMac

Feb 4, 2003
Hemel Hempstead
Visit site
Saw that on the Seat.com site last week but I think it's only an optional bodykit listed under the accessories section.
I'd expect the Cupra/FR to be a little different if it's going to be based on the 3 door only, unless of course they plan a 5 door FR too? :confused:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Saw that on the Seat.com site last week but I think it's only an optional bodykit listed under the accessories section.
I'd expect the Cupra/FR to be a little different if it's going to be based on the 3 door only, unless of course they plan a 5 door FR too? :confused:

Yes it is in the accessories section but if you look back Seat has always brought out the entire bodykits after 2/3 yrs...maybe this could be the "FR look" Seat are going for as these usually come with the 5-dr option (as mine is :D)

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007

There are pics of a 5door fr in testing floating about on the web.

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

seat_bocanegra_main.jpg

I thought that to

oh well will just have to wait and see

Irfan

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
Hi all! Was browsing the Seat.com website and came across this single image...Seat has not posted it anywhere else! Could this be a hint of what the FR/Cupra model will look like? :-o

newibiza.jpg

Please leave comments & post your vote. Hope you all enjoy! :clap:

NickyJam
I actrully think that looks very nice. If it gets released, it may well be an FR. Cupra's have never been released on the beezer as a 5 door...

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
has anyone seen the LYNX advert when all those women run into each other??
1 + 2 = 3 is the end slogan,

well,
Fabia + Corsa = New Ibiza :(

sorry guys, this just dont do it for me. much preferred the mk4!!

Stu

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
has anyone seen the LYNX advert when all those women run into each other??
1 + 2 = 3 is the end slogan,

well,
Fabia + Corsa = New Ibiza :(

sorry guys, this just dont do it for me. much preferred the mk4!!

Stu
IIRC, no one liked the MK4 Beezer when it was new - Comments were made like:

"I prefer the MK3" or "That looks a bit girly".

Things get better with time though - the MK4 Beezer was a great car (Owned 2 of them!) - MK5 will grow on me I think.

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
"Power should come from the 1.4-litre twin-turbo FSI petrol engine which appeared in the concept. This will have around 180bhp and be mated to a seven-speed semi-automatic DSG gearbox."

180 from a 1.4 - sweeet !!

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
"Power should come from the 1.4-litre twin-turbo FSI petrol engine which appeared in the concept. This will have around 180bhp and be mated to a seven-speed semi-automatic DSG gearbox."

180 from a 1.4 - sweeet !!

Thats just wrong:cry:

I want a 200BHP (Standard) MK5 Cupra Derv and I know I'm not the only person on this site that wants one.

Just look at all the peeps that have got Cupra TDI's :blink:

SEAT want to get this one right or there will be lots of people buying other manufacturers vehicles.