Bisto48's Ibiza FR TDi MK4

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Just had a look at the code on the side of them and your correct they arent cupra ones! I seem to find out stuff about this car all the time. They are MS Design side skirts part number MSD.512.02.01 for anyone who wants to know!

They have really usefull screw in pieces that can be removed for jacking the car up.

Going to complete that grille in the summer when its a bit warmer now ive seen it completed. Hopefully should reduce the intake temps a bit.

Ur lucky you have the skirts on the car man... I went about trying to see if I could find them anywhere, could only find one place so far... here's a copy of the email they sent back...

MS Design only do one set of side skirts for this model, and I’m afraid we do not deal with any other company except MS Design.

The side skirts are currently still available and the part codes and prices are as follows:-

MSDS120201L - LEFT SIDE SKIRT - £181.49 + carriage + vat (due to increase to 20% as of 4th January 2011)

MSDS120201R - RIGHT SIDE SKIRT - £181.49 + carriage + vat (due to increase to 20% as of 4th January 2011)

Carriage for both these items would be £20 + vat.

If ordered before Christmas the total price including the carriage and vat would be £450.00

Trust I have given you all the information you require and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Corinne

Corinne Rigby (Ms)

Office Administrator

Duncan Smith Automotive Ltd

Unit 6 Tomo Business Park

Tomo Road

Stowmarket

Suffolk

IP14 5EP

TEL: 01449 674 180

FAX: 01449 771 579

£450.00!!! :-o

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
:-o this car keeps becoming a bargain each day i own it! So glad i bought it off some clueless businessman hehehe

best not have a crash with it then as id hate to replace those!

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
After scraping through my mot on the handbrake travel i decided again today to try and tackle it. Stripped it all apart etc etc. Still about a million clicks or binding brakes wooo :wtf:.

Decided to get some of the sharan springs to fit to it and see if that improves the handbrake return.

Anyways gave it a wash last week and i thought id do some photos

CIMG1556.jpg

CIMG1558.jpg

CIMG1559.jpg

CIMG1557.jpg

Not bad for a quick wash and polish. Need to give my exhaust another clean as its got loads of baked on carbon on it

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Yer it does doesnt it. When i first saw your display picture i thought you were its previous owner untill i saw the twin exhausts :)

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Todays play around with my car

Well today my handbrake springs turned up at the vw dealers so fitted them

CIMG1562.jpg

CIMG1564.jpg

Quite an improvement over the no spring set up. Can have the hand brake set up with barely 4 clicks now opposed to around 10!

I also fixed my rear washer pipe for about the 5 time in 9 months of ownership. :rifle: (getting quite speedy at removing the airbox now!)

I also cleaned out my cabin air intake as it was full of leaves. Will have to get a new filter at some point as its black!

Finally i touched up my kerbing on my wheels...damm snow hiding kerbs

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
A little update with a few things that have happened in the past few days

Was driving back from my misses house and the power steering light, abs light, traction control light and eml light came on randomly and a the dash beeped at me. Turned the car on and off a few times and it all went out apart from the EML light which stayed on. Ive had this happen once before when i first got it and i went to get the fault read and the eml light went out so i couldn't trace the fault annoyingly. So this time i took it straight to my mates garage and he said there was a problem with the ABS maybe a sensor.

Hasn't come on since so i cant get a live reading of the broken sensor to find out which one annoyingly.

So problem number two.. whilst i was chatting with the garage i noticed my front inside edges of my tyres were completely shagged :( The front wheels were both toeing out.

Luckily the tyre is only just on the blocks on the inside edge so they will go on the back. So glad i didn't stick my new tyres on the front now

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Not posted much on here for a while as not much has happened as a) ive only just started work after uni and b) im moving house soon so i have absolutely noooo money!

Anyways about the car still running perfectly a year on after buying it done over 10k miles now. Rear wiper motor assembly has broken though which is anoying as i cant clean my rear window. Will replace it soon.

Also when parking in oxfords westgate centre i came across a ibiza cupra in grey which looked exactly the same as mine so i had to take a photo of them both lol ...

IMG_0601.jpg

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
Not posted much on here for a while as not much has happened as a) ive only just started work after uni and b) im moving house soon so i have absolutely noooo money!

Anyways about the car still running perfectly a year on after buying it done over 10k miles now. Rear wiper motor assembly has broken though which is anoying as i cant clean my rear window. Will replace it soon.

Also when parking in oxfords westgate centre i came across a ibiza cupra in grey which looked exactly the same as mine so i had to take a photo of them both lol ...

IMG_0601.jpg

Car looks good mate, dont forget to mention the little yellow beeza in the background too :p

I live in Witney are there any meets our way ?

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Newly Powdercoated Wheels :)

Haven't posted on here for a while so I thought Id show you the latest development or my car.

Ive been having continuous slow punctures on my car ever since I bought it and after finding my sidewalls on my part worn tyres to be split I decided to get my wheels refurbished. The previous owner had had them tarted up by one of these side of the road bodge job wheel refurbishers and it had knackered all the paint inside the wheel causing air leaks. So I took it to my local powder coaters and for £70 a wheel they went from this...

IMG_0700.jpg

To this...

IMG_0699.jpg

20120605_162125.jpg

20120605_162137.jpg

I also put a cheeky sticker on it

20120605_162143.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.