Bisto48's Ibiza FR TDi MK4

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Hello

Ive finally got to the 15 post limit and so can make my readers ride thread.

I bought my Ibiza back in April 2010 after trying out my brothers ibiza sport tdi

So here it is

media1.jpg

media3.jpg

media1-1.jpg

media2-1.jpg

I was told it was a dealer demonstrator and so the cupra body kit and wheels were fitted by the dealer. (dont know how true this is)

When i got it home i didnt realise i had bought a bit of a bargin as I thought the exhaust fitted to it was just a standard cupra one but after i looked over it to solve a rattle (rear box to mid section pipe clamp was missing) i realised i had a full miltek system fitted :D
The previous owner was none the wiser :lol:

I was also fiddling around under the bonnet and found that it has a PD160 intake and air box fitted. Another mod i was planning on doing so has saved me some more money

Heres some more pictures of it with my other car

CIMG1301.jpg

CIMG1299.jpg

CIMG1300.jpg

My very tuned mini which is my first car. Lots and lots of work done to that :)

Since owning the car i have changed the rear brake pads and discs as they were really rusty and didnt actually do anything. Ive cut out the flap in the PD160 intake to help air flow a little. Had the cam belt changed and had a major service. And thats about it so far.

Ill up date this as i go along.

Thanks for looking

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford

yes it was the previous owner had the wheels refurbed just before he sold it as he let his dad drive it and scratched them! Theres a few scratches here and there but nothing major. Will get some t cut on them one day.

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Been doing lots of research into the green cotton filters and cant seem to get a straight answer. Is there any point in fitting one to a diesel? Does it improve power with a remap etc or is a clean standard filter just fine?

t32er

i love the pics you have in the close mate, i love that its all wet bar your cars lol
will have to get a pic of ours together...

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
nice might have to get one of those for a early christmas present for me then. Yer might get it remapped after christmas as with the standard map its not getting the full potential with the exhaust and pd160 intake

t32er

any one know (im sure it is) if the air box will be the same as mine??
you can try mine out for a run if ya wanted?
should be getting the zorst sorted this week depending on weather, it came off tottaly on sat, the rubber mount was the only thing holding it together, had to pull it off on the M40

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
oo nice not what you want! Had my hole exhaust system come off the mini before. had to drive it about 8 miles off the manifold f**king loud!

I think they might be different as mine has an angle cut out of the side of mine and if i can remember yours is rectangular

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Some more recent photos

IMG_0452.jpg

My car at Cheddar Gorge during the summer. Shame there wasnt as many cars and i had only my iphone with me

IMG_0492.jpg

Pulling a cheeky tripod whilst parked up at uni.

Ive been wondering as ive got a SMIC would it be a good idea to cut out the fill ins on the honeycomb section in my lower grill here:

CIMG1517.jpg

so it looks like this:

CIMG1518.jpg

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
I live off Hollow way :) Just looked at you profile and ive seen you too. youve got the yellow cupra tdi havent you? In fact followed you from bicester to oxford once on my way home from work lol.

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Thanks very much :). They were fitted by a previous owner or the dealer. I would have thought they are the cupra ones? I'm not quite sure in that

kelford1988

Definitely not cupra ones pal as the mk4 cupra doesn't have skirts as standard. Only ones you could get from SEAT were the aero kit ones, but they don't look anywhere as nice as the ones you've got.

Cheers anyway, oh and I'd mod that cupra bumper when you get a chance as your intake temps in summer will rocket, as that blocks off the flow to your SMIC. Think a lad called Altech modded his and no problems with the SMIC after.

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Just had a look at the code on the side of them and your correct they arent cupra ones! I seem to find out stuff about this car all the time. They are MS Design side skirts part number MSD.512.02.01 for anyone who wants to know!

They have really usefull screw in pieces that can be removed for jacking the car up.

Going to complete that grille in the summer when its a bit warmer now ive seen it completed. Hopefully should reduce the intake temps a bit.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise