AirCare Permanently On and Fan Speed Showing in Auto Mode - Have These Been Coded In?

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
Hi All,

Spending more time in the car, I've found that AirCare is always activated...which I found when checking settings due to the interior temperature feeling a bit colder than it should be. Previous cars were and Arteon and Octavia, both of which had AirCare which needed to be activated manually, and both of which had noticeably poor temperature regulation when it was on.

The fan speed on the dial is also shown, which wasn't shown on the Arteon (which had the awful capacitive touch controls) or the Octavia when set to Auto.

Are both of the above normal for the Leon, or has the previous owner coded them in? I've does a little digging and found that they can be coded, so suspect that's the case.

It's going back to the main dealer I bought it from next week to have some stone chips repaired properly, so will ask them to revert it back to standard if those settings are user modifications.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi All,

Spending more time in the car, I've found that AirCare is always activated...which I found when checking settings due to the interior temperature feeling a bit colder than it should be. Previous cars were and Arteon and Octavia, both of which had AirCare which needed to be activated manually, and both of which had noticeably poor temperature regulation when it was on.

The fan speed on the dial is also shown, which wasn't shown on the Arteon (which had the awful capacitive touch controls) or the Octavia when set to Auto.

Are both of the above normal for the Leon, or has the previous owner coded them in? I've does a little digging and found that they can be coded, so suspect that's the case.

It's going back to the main dealer I bought it from next week to have some stone chips repaired properly, so will ask them to revert it back to standard if those settings are user modifications.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Showing fan speed in Auto mode is disabled by default factory settings. I coded mine to enabled. Yours should be coded too, by previous owner.

AirCare is active in my car too but I never turned it off and checked if it survives an ignition cycle. Maybe I turned it on sometime and it stayed on, I will look at that later. I didn't see or hear any coding about it.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cubbington

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
Thanks @serdar_18fr , that answers my questions; I'll check with the dealer as to whether AirCare should be enabled by default, seeing as your is already enabled.

@Walone , AirCare is an additional level of filtration, which I think does more recirculation than normal (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

To activate or deactivate it, press the 'Setup' button in the middle of the fan speed wheel to bring the onscreen menu up, then press the icon on the far right, just below centre which looks like a wall, this will bring up an image of the car, press the button on the top left of the screen to activate or deactivate it; when you activate it, you'll see the image of the car slowly fill with a blue colour.

Hope that helps.

Nick

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Thanks @serdar_18fr , that answers my questions; I'll check with the dealer as to whether AirCare should be enabled by default, seeing as your is already enabled.

@Walone , AirCare is an additional level of filtration, which I think does more recirculation than normal (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

To activate or deactivate it, press the 'Setup' button in the middle of the fan speed wheel to bring the onscreen menu up, then press the icon on the far right, just below centre which looks like a wall, this will bring up an image of the car, press the button on the top left of the screen to activate or deactivate it; when you activate it, you'll see the image of the car slowly fill with a blue colour.

Hope that helps.

Nick
Thanks for the info. Just tried it, pressed 'Setup', which then showed an image of all the air vents with blue air coming out, it also shows the temperature setting for each side of the car but no icon on the right, pressed 'settings' lower centre of display which then brings up 'Automatic recirculation' with a tick box to enable or disable it.

Last edited:

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
You're welcome buddy.

Just to confirm, you don't have the little icon, as shown in the image below (taken from another forum, and apologies, I didn't describe it well at all :unsure::LOL:):

93b37b6bc85f4ddec0dd7041a1c3810b.jpg

I checked mine too, and it's also got automatic air recirculation enabled, bu tI think that's different from AirCare.

Maybe someone else will chip in with a definitive answer.

Cheers,

Nick

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
@Walone @Cubbington

Here are the actual photos of climate control screen on the infotainment display on my car. The button at the bottom right (just above the right side temperature display) controls the AirCare function and shows its status. The red frame around the button means it is turned on. When you push it, the display changes to AirCare page, you can turn it off there by pushing the "Active" button at the top left corner. The state of the function is preserved through ignition cycles, meaning when you turned it off, it stays that way until you turned it on again. Not like, say, stop/start system which is always turned on ignition. So I think it is irrelevant if factory sends the cars with it turned on or not.

Attachments

• IMG_20240426_115502.jpg
    IMG_20240426_115502.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20240426_115542.jpg
    IMG_20240426_115542.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20240426_115558.jpg
    IMG_20240426_115558.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Cubbington

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
You're welcome buddy.

Just to confirm, you don't have the little icon, as shown in the image below (taken from another forum, and apologies, I didn't describe it well at all :unsure::LOL:):

View attachment 42129

I checked mine too, and it's also got automatic air recirculation enabled, bu tI think that's different from AirCare.

Maybe someone else will chip in with a definitive answer.

Cheers,

Nick
When I get a chance I will upload some pics of mine. :)

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Had a check on mine today. It’s a pre-facelift model with a MST2 retrofit. No AirCare option that I saw. Mine is much more basic than Serdar’s pics show.

So, the theory is the AirCare filter is effectively a thermal filter too?

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Thanks, everyone. I didn't know this existed. Pressing the Setup button beneath the Auto button bought up a menu on the screen. At the centre right was a small icon the showed an air filter. Selected that & a new screen appeared that allowed the feature to be turned on or off plus an 'info' button that explained what it does.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Had a check on mine today. It’s a pre-facelift model with a MST2 retrofit. No AirCare option that I saw. Mine is much more basic than Serdar’s pics show.

So, the theory is the AirCare filter is effectively a thermal filter too?
More details:

The link is from Skoda but they all use the same systems anyway.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
@Walone @Cubbington

Here are the actual photos of climate control screen on the infotainment display on my car. The button at the bottom right (just above the right side temperature display) controls the AirCare function and shows its status. The red frame around the button means it is turned on. When you push it, the display changes to AirCare page, you can turn it off there by pushing the "Active" button at the top left corner. The state of the function is preserved through ignition cycles, meaning when you turned it off, it stays that way until you turned it on again. Not like, say, stop/start system which is always turned on ignition. So I think it is irrelevant if factory sends the cars with it turned on or not.
Thanks @serdar_18fr , I reckon mine’s been coded by the previous owner as I tried your suggestion and it comes on again when the car’s started, even though is switched it off…

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
Evening all, firstly, thanks for all of you that have looked at your cars to see if they function the same way as mine, and I have to 'fess up to being a tool...and not noticing that when AirCare is activated, the little logo as shown in the photos has an orange border around it...

I only noticed this today when playing about and what threw me was the menu going straight to the picture of the car filling up with blue and showing that the system was active, and not just switching on when pressing it...I went into the menu a second time on a trip today, and saw that the button had an orange border, so touched it again, it went to the menu screen, allowed me to switch it off, and the border disappeared on the button when returning the main control screen.

So, my only question now is whether the previous owner coded the fan speed to show in auto, and frankly speaking I don't really care, but will speak to the dealer about it this week.

Thanks again all who've contributed to this thread!